Finance Vacancy at 25th & Staffing
Posted on: 30 October, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at 25th & Staffing
25th and Staffing is a global Human Resources Company; borne out of a vision to provide high value human resources and business advisory solutions to organizations. The depth of our expertise is defined by a carefully selected pool of multi-disciplinary and cultured consultants, ensures that we continue to be the firm of choice to our growing list of discerning clientele.
Our Client is recognized as one of the top international management consultancy firms. They assist major corporations worldwide with strategy formulation, acquisitions, organizational design and performance improvement.
Reports to: Finance Controller – Africa
- To perform the full Accounting function for the Lagos office including month end accounting, payroll, budgeting and forecasting and Tax and VAT compliance. This candidate will be the sole Finance person supporting the Lagos office and the role is expected to be varied, particularly in early months where implementation of certain set-up processes are still required.
- This role will suit an intelligent and hardworking individual and should be seen as an opportunity to develop organizational skills within an entrepreneurial, professional environment, providing a solid foundation to the working dynamics of a finance department. The role will provide many learning opportunities for a team player that is hardworking, and motivated to achieve consistently high standards of quality output.
- The successful candidate should have at least 3-4 years Nigeria Finance experience. The position requires a results driven, detail oriented person who can process numerical information with speed and accuracy. The candidate must have an ability to work to strict deadlines together with the ability to communicate professionally with all levels of staff both internally and externally, and show a flexible attitude to their workload.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
Month end responsibilities
- Responsible for preparing Lagos month end journals for review at the appropriate time within the close period
- Prepare month end reconciliations / Follow up on outstanding reconciling items.
- Process monthly chargebacks
- Preparation of monthly cash flow forecasts for review by Finance Controller
- Preparation of monthly variance analysis including explanation of key variances for review by Finance Controller and Director
- Processing of monthly payroll for approximately 25 employees
- Applying, processing and calculating payroll data from HR
- Distributing monthly payslips
- Prepare monthly payroll journals & reconciling monthly payroll reconciliations
- Completing monthly and annual statutory returns with relevant regulatory organizations (PAYE / NSITF / ITF / NHF)
- Set up new employee folders and file all new employee details such as contracts, tax information and process new information onto the payroll system
- Annual and Bi-Annual FIRS Reporting (Tax Certificates etc.)
- Responsible for monthly PAYE and Pension returns and payments
- Liaising with internal (staff, management) and external organizations (FIRS) on payroll matters.
- Responsible for monthly US Social Tax Report
- Maintain US citizen calendar year compensation history to assist in W2 reporting at year end, cross referencing on a monthly basis against schedule received from US
- Complete US Year End reporting as required by Corporate
- Filing of all payroll records
- Keeping up to date on payroll legislation
- Manage full process on Tax Compliance Requirements:
- Tax Registration services for all Nigerian employee taxes (Employer and Employee)
- Assist with all employee related obligations (i.e. NHF, Pension, Industrial Training Fund Scheme and the Employee Compensation Scheme etc.)
- Manage the Federal, State & Local Government tax audit services with Revenue Authorities
- Assisting in documentation for tax returns for all employees
- Work with Africa Specialist to monitor employee transfer movements identifying potential tax issues.
- Maintain Expatriate Staffing tracker, identifying individuals who trigger a Lagos tax liability, and liaising with employee home office to ensure tax records are accurate in both jurisdictions
- Review quarterly Bupa Insurance and benefit charges for accurate payroll reporting and re-charges
- Annual Employee returns
- Provisional Employee returns
- Prepare Monthly Insurance journals for Health and Life Insurance
- Prepare monthly short term transfer schedule for Corporate
- Prepare monthly Headcount submission to corporate for review
- Maintain Employee personal re-charge reconciliation prior to monthly payroll, preparing personal recharge schedule for processing
- Responding to employee requests for information regarding payroll procedures Salary and bonus calculations, staff recoverable, contributions, withholdings etc.)
- Prepare monthly payroll variance analysis reporting
- Monthly review of Corporate statements and spending history and applying deductions where necessary
- Assist Team Leader and Controller with ad hoc projects
- Support Accounts Payable and Expenses process (currently handled in Johannesburg)
- Identify and implement improvements to current payroll processes
- Provide support to Africa Tax specialist with tax research and payroll regulations in Nigeria
- Manage Corporate card process – from application through to final analysis of employee spend.
- Assist with the annual budget process and quarterly forecast process as required
- Assist with year-end close and corporate reporting including Accruals to Cash, Tax Pack etc.
- Preparation of Monthly VAT and WHT return
- Assist with annual PwC audit.
- Flexible attitude and team approach
- “Can do!” mentality
- Proficient organization, prioritization and time management skills
- Detail focused
- Able to work on own initiative – and be proactive
- Enthusiastic, dedicated, hardworking and committed to meeting deadlines
- Pleasant and calm even when under pressure
- Thorough approach to completing tasks
- Good sense of humour, outgoing and fun to work with
- 3-4 years accounting experience, ideally in a Professional Services organization
- Previous Nigerian payroll & tax experience is essential
- Expatriate Tax calculations and filing
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel & Outlook
- US Reporting
- An interest in Finance and its contribution to the business
- Other interests which would bring benefit to the company as a whole
Method of Application
Qualified and Interested candidates should send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with title as subject.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about 25th & StaffingSimilar Jobs
- Streaming Media Systems Engineer at Maurice Xandra Solutions
- Sketchup Expert at a Furniture Manufacturing Company - Career Prime
- Mooring Master at GUS Consulting Ltd
- Structural Engineer at Culminate Consulting
- Business Development Executives at AIM Consultants
- Business Services Manager at Human Edge Limited
- Group Finance Controller at Nicole Sinclair Consulting
- Business Development Manager at Ascentech Services Limited