Technology Career Opportunity at Devices and Techniques Nigeria Limited
Posted on: 23 October, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at Devices and Techniques Nigeria Limited
Devices & Techniques Limited is a leading Nigerian Solutions Integrator offering first class business-to-business solutions in the areas of Network Infrastructure Development, Network Storage Management, Systems Deployment & Support, Software Development and Implementation, Systems Integration, Project Management and Management of IT related Networks. Founded in 1993, the organization has distinguished itself as a focused IT solution provider in its chosen areas.
Devices and Techniques Nigeria Limited are looking for Software Engineer to join our expanding team in a successful and dynamic Oil & Gas Company. This role is for experienced engineers looking to further develop their skills and careers.
- Bachelor’s degree Computer Science, or any related field strongly preferred; consideration given for technical knowledge as it relates to a degree.
- A minimum of 2 years’ related experience is required.
- Must be proficient in Windows, Citrix, and Linux platforms. Certifications, Trainings or experience in databases and scripting or programming is preferred.
- Experience with Oil and Gas Business applications like Petrel, ArGIS, PI, Wellview.
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills.
- Must have strong problem-solving skills.
- Must show a demonstrated desire to learn.
- Support, optimisation and customisation software solutions using mainly Microsoft technologies.
- Managing cases, requests and enhancements using online tools and processes.
- Ensuring that client systems are fully operational and any loss of service is restored in a timely and efficient manner.
- Providing a high level of service to our customers and adhering to our strict SLAs for response and restoration times.
- Problem determination, workaround resolution, root cause analysis, major incident management.
- Deployment of service releases, patches, upgrades, requests and customisations
- Create productive relationships with and between key stakeholders.
- Ensure that solution and application support documentation is maintained to the highest quality and accuracy.
- To assist with the support of internal applications and infrastructure.
- Creation and distribution of knowledge and information with other team members and the company.
- Providing assistance and cover for other team members where required.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to manage projects and deliver end-to-end solutions relating with third-parties.
- Familiarity with source control and development IDEs.
- Practical experience with Windows Server, SQL Server, Oracle, IIS, Apache and networking tools.
- Previous experience dealing with support cases or requests via service desk software, telephone and in person.
- Familiarity with the Oil and Gas sector is advantageous.
- Understanding of change and release management.
Method of Application
To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.The role is available for immediate recruitment.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Devices and Techniques Nigeria LimitedSimilar Jobs
- Job Opportunities at Riddle Technologies Limited
- Programmers at Vascon Solutions
- Information Technology Role at Productive People
- Job Opportunities at TriVersa Ltd
- System Engineer at Sophos
- Job Opening at Co-creation Hub Nigeria
- Business Development Manager at Chips Bits & Bytes Limited
- Advisor Support at Sage Nigeria