Girl Effect has recently entered into an exciting partnership with global technology company, ISON, to develop and pilot an innovative IVR platform where girls in northern Nigeria will access inspiring audio content and connect with a female role model to talk through questions they may have, receive support in understanding how they could overcome obstacles they face and ideas for how to apply this new knowledge to their lives.
A successful 4 week pilot was conducted from July to August 2016 with girls aged 15-19 living in Kano state. In September 2016, Girl Effect entered Phase 3 of development and will iterate the model before another round of testing in early 2017. Our ambition is for Girls Connect to be launched at scale in 2017 after several rounds of prototyping and testing.
Context of the role
Girl Effect is seeking to recruit an experienced project manager to support the development and delivery of our Girls Connect Phase 3 product. The Consultant will be required to provide support to a number of components, including partnership recruitment and coordination, developing and regular tracking/updating of project management tools, securing technical input from key Girl Effect staff for both Girl Effect and ISON deliverables, support with procurement and contract management as well as general coordination support.
The consultant will be required to work on a full-time basis for a three-month period, based at the Girl Effect Nigeria office in Abuja. Travel to Kano and Ibadan may be required.
The consultant will work in close collaboration with the Gender and Evidence teams in Nigeria and London to effectively deliver the requirements below. The details of the deliverables will be refined with the selected consultant, along with clear guidelines on outputs and work plans for completion. The deliverables include:
Partnership support and coordination
- Tendering, assessment and appointment processes for new consultancies and/or partnerships
- Coordinate communication amongst project stakeholders
- Work closely with partners to ensure project management and reporting tools in place and fit for purpose
- Track pilot deliverables, highlighting risks of delivering to timeframe and budget as required
- If required, field visits to pilot location to support local level coordination and organization
- Development of, and regular tracking/updating of, project management tools
- Review of existing tools
- Production of key project management tools
- Regular tracking/updating of tools with accompanying status updates on progress and risks
- Support with procurement and contract management
- Contract management on Salesforce
- Invoicing and processing
General support and coordination
- Coordinate technical input (e.g. gender, ME) for all areas of phase 3 development and delivery
- Develop regular project status updates and circulate to project stakeholders
- Organise meetings, logistics, attendance and note taking (internal and external)
- Budget development and management
- Support to the monitoring and evaluation work
- Support developing presentations about the pilot for internal and external stakeholders
These will be finalised in collaboration with the selected consultant but are likely to include:
- Successful development of project management tools, quality assured and approved by Girl Effect.
- Regularly updated project management tools and status report highlighting progress made and risks to delivering to timeframe and budget.
- Pilot development and delivery milestones met to timeframe and budget.
- Successful coordination of partners, ensuring regular and effective communication, information sharing and tracking progress against deliverables.
The successful consultant should display the following skills and experience:
- Experience in project management and coordination for projects or programmes in international development, including project development, implementation, partner relationships and communication.
- Track record of managing projects on time, on budget and to a high standard.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to develop strong relationships with local organisations, contractors and senior stakeholders.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Excellent written and fluent spoken English.
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Adaptable - able to work in complex, unfamiliar and changing environments.
- Experience working in multicultural teams with varying expertise, skills and backgrounds.
- Commitment to promoting gender equality.
- A background in gender or familiarity with gender/girl-centred programming is desirable.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Girl Effect career website on girleffect-jobs.org to apply