Project Management Role at LEAP Africa
Posted on: 20 October, 2016
Deadline: 30 October, 2016
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at LEAP Africa
LEAP Africa - One of Nigeria's leading nonprofit organizations focused on leadership development in Nigeria, is looking for a manager to lead one of its organizational pillars, Youth LEAP.
Youth LEAP is focused on positioning youth for success by changing their mindsets and equipping them with the knowledge, skills and tools necessary to create value and lead positive change. Programmes under Youth LEAP include the Youth Development Training Programme, LEAD the Way holiday day camp and the Social Innovators Programme & Awards.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
- The project Manager will work with the support and guidance of the Special project committee of the Board to start and complete the construction of LEAP’s Leadership Institute.
- In line with LEAP’s vision to be the premier resource centre for developing dynamic, innovative and principled leaders, we have acquired a 5,088 sqm plot of land along the Lekki-Epe expressway with plans to build, in two phases, a world class leadership development centre.
- This centre will serve as a hub where aspiring leaders come to be equipped and inspired through training events, books, audio-visual materials and e-learning tools.
- The objectives of the Institute are to provide LEAP with the required facilities and infrastructure to raise a new cadre of Nigeria leaders; to serve as a resource centre for leadership research and development; to create a connecting hub for aspiring and inspiring leaders; and to support LEAP’s sustainability by generating revenue for the organization through the hire of its facilities.
The project Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Identify potential funders with the support of the Board
- Initiate communication with Potential sponsors and manage Relationships with potential funders to ensure sustainable partnerships
- Organize fundraiser towards building the Leadership Institute
- Manage funds received with integrity and transparency
- Manage and lead the project team.
- Manage co-ordination of the partners and working groups engaged in project.
- Detailed project planning and control which will include
- Develop and maintain a detailed project plan.
- Manage project deliverables in line with the project plan and adhering to project timelines and budget.
- Record and manage project issues and escalate where necessary.
- Resolve cross-functional issues at project level.
- Manage project scope and change control and escalating issues where necessary.
- Monitor project progress and performance and report status to Special Project Committee.
- Manage project evaluation and dissemination activities.
- Manage consultancy input within the defined budget.
- Ensure all Legal specifications are adhered to and approvals concluded on time
- Provide regular status reports to the Board, Management and Funders
- Communicate with funders as outlined in funding agreements
- Monitor and approve all budgeted project expenditures
- Monitor cash flow projections and report actual cash flow and variance to Special project Committee and senior management on a regular basis (monthly/bimonthly)
- Manage all project funds according to established accounting policies and procedures
- Ensure that all financial records for the project are up to date
- Prepare financial reports and supporting documentation for funders as outlined in funding agreements
- Ensure that the project deliverables are on time, within budget and at the required level of quality
- Evaluate the outcomes of the project as established during the planning phase
The Project Manager should demonstrate competence in the following areas:
- Understand ethical behaviour and business practices, and ensure that own behaviour and the behaviour of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization.
- Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Work effectively with others to set goals, resolve problem, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Be a positive influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization.
- Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
- Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details/data/information/activities.
- Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results.
- Assess problem/challenges to identify causes, gather and process pertinent information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations to resolve the problem.
Educational Qualifications and Others
- Minimum of a B.Sc in Architecture/Quantity Surveying/Building Engineering and Project Management.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ working experience.
- Must have experience in building projects
- Must Live around the Lekki/ Ajah Axis.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their applications with copies of their CV's to: email@example.com
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about LEAP AfricaSimilar Jobs
- Job Opening at Creative Associates International
- Job Opportunities at Centre for Democracy & Development (CDD)
- Latest Job Vacancies at Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
- Secretary at the United States Agency for International Development (USAID)
- Massive Job Vacancies at The Nigeria Supply Chain Integration Project - i+ Consortium (52 Positions)
- Receptionist at The Social and Economic Rights Action Center (SERAC)
- Job Vacancy at Palladium Group
- Operations Managers at the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF)