Citibank Nigeria Limited, the leading global financial services company, provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job ID: 16062218
Job Function: Operations
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
- Foreign exchange purchase and utilization is highly regulated in Nigeria by the Central Bank. There are mandatory regulatory reporting (daily, monthly, etc.) requirements. There are also periodic and ad hoc examinations and review by the CBN and other regulatory agencies.
- Transaction SVs. Sr. Supervisor is responsible for Regulatory reporting, coordination of monthly and surprise proofs, monitoring and supervision of MCA, oversight of the outsource service providers (TCS) and tracking of transit accounts such as Nostros, Sundries and Deferred accounts.
- His/her primary focus is to ensure accurate and timely rendition of various regulatory reports, prepare the unit for regulatory examinations and ensure effective oversight of the outsourced service provider (TCS).
The following are the specific tasks and responsibilities of the Transaction Svs. Sr. Supervisor:
- Review transactional documentation for various Trade products and processes to ensure full compliance with applicable regulatory guidelines, laws of Nigeria and/or the United States of America, Citigroup corporate policy, local procedures and international conventions.
- Ensure that updates of transaction details on business applications for various Trade products and processes by processors, supervisors and unit heads comply with Citigroup corporate policy and local procedures. Ensure that such updates are done accurately and promptly.
- Ensure that information provided to regulators, independent control, external auditors, Citigroup auditors, customers, business units and operations management is accurate and adequately representative of the degree of compliance with applicable requirements.
- Ensure proofing of internal accounts to departmental records as and at when due. Ensure that all proof exceptions are corrected and root causes fixed.
- Plan and co-ordinate MCA for various Trade products and processes as and at when due. Ensure that all MCA exceptions are corrected and root causes fixed. Ensure that satisfactory MCA and IA ratings are achieved for various Trade products and processes. Ensure that CBN, NDIC and any regulatory audits are satisfactory for various Trade products/processes.
- Ensure that all accruals, amortisations, charges and fees are accurately computed as and at when due and that appropriate accounting entries are accurately passed as and at when due.
- Provide guidance and training for processors, supervisors and unit heads. Ensure appraisals, job descriptions, development summaries and goals are prepared for processors, supervisors and unit heads as and at when due. Proactively enable processors and staff to acquire and develop the necessary skills for their career development and growth. Ensure that human and other resource requirements for efficient and smooth running of Trade Operations are provided within budget limits.
- Review and update local procedures, DCFCs, MCA checklists and designations as and at when due for compliance with applicable regulatory guidelines, laws of Nigeria and/or the United States of America, Citigroup corporate policy, local procedures and international conventions.
- Provide input to the development of Trade product programmes. Support the business units on all Trade business development projects.
- Ensure optimum operational efficiency of the various Trade products/processes. Monitor all processes for optimum performance and initiate/participate in process improvement steps where necessary. Review service delivery standards in line with customer and business requirements.
- Manage and coordinate the activities of the off-shoring unit by ensuring that they deliver in line with the approved procedures and Statements Of Works (SOW).
- Ensure effective working relationship between the offshore processing unit and the branch.
- Ensure that institutional policy/local regulatory changes is communicated to the Outsource Service Provider in a timely manner.
- Provide leadership, vision and strategic direction for the department as a whole, with guidance on interpretation on all applicable policies.
- Drive continuous improvement in customer and employee satisfaction through various initiatives. Contribute to the growth and sustainability of the business portfolio.
- Ensure strategic deployment of human and other resources to achieve corporate goals.
- Maintain good rapport with representatives of customers and regulators and provide leadership in resolution of any issues that can potentially adversely impact the relationships of these parties with the bank.
- Highly frequent contact with the SCOO, Relationship Management, Legal, Financial Control, FICC, TTS Product, Treasury Operations, Ops Control Unit and Cash Management Ops. Moderate contact with various branches.
- Highly frequent contact with Central Bank of Nigeria, Nigerian Customs Service, Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) and customers.
- Associate's Degree/College Diploma.
go to method of application »
Job ID: 16053832
Job Function: Operations
Shift: Day Job
- Independently assess the effectiveness of controls and determine the potential impact of any control failure and the corrective actions required.
- Highlight to senior management all concerns arising from failure of controls that could result in losses and/or reputational risks.
- Ensure that the reviews conducted have a corrective action follow up mechanism through i-caps.
- Ensure adherence to corporate policies and local policy as well as local and global regulatory environment.
- Participate in all aspects of assessments, in accordance with Internal Audit standards and/or regulatory statutes.
- Participate in training and developing other staff in audit, risk assessment techniques and accounting principles.
- Understand and accurately evaluate risks and controls as they relate to business objectives.
- Use available technology and automation tools to appropriately improve processes within the department and business in general.
- Develop an in-depth knowledge and understanding of the business and to acquire greater knowledge of the products and processes.
- Implement the Fraud Management program appropriate for the business in conjunction with BUFM and CSIS.
- Develop and report on control metrics that facilitate management oversight over operations.
- Monitor and ensure the execution of corrective action plans (CAPs), remediation of audit and regulatory issues and ensure compliance with policies, established procedures and best practices by the Market Operations function, country and legal vehicle.
- Responsible for maintaining the Market Operations control framework across the cluster to identify and reduce operational risk.
- Planning the control reviews by selecting the appropriate quality assurance approach, methodology and preparing the test plan that best suits the product and process.
- Evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of internal control by Analysing/flowcharting the different processes in order to evaluate controls, identify inefficient processes.
- Conduct controls related reviews in accordance with the Gold Copy controls plan and test plans approved by the Operations Control function. Perform analytical reviews and check adherence to corporate policies.
- Preparing controls assessment reports for senior management, discussing issues with relevant business unit heads.
- Influencing the design and improvement of processes to ensure that appropriate controls exist to manage risks efficiently.
- Participate in evaluating Strategic and Tactical Change; Policy and Process updates; Regulatory requirements etc.
- Management / Oversight of Corrective Action Plan remediation process
- Proactive audit support; Health checks, identification of thematic issues etc.
- Ensuring that significant Risks are identified and escalated in a timely manner via Control Governance Channels
- Responsible for communicating emerging issues to management and following through on unresolved issues.
- Co-ordinating the Operations and Technology self-assessment (MCAs) and DCFCs processes for the bank.
- Assist the Fraud Manager on handling, investigating and reporting of fraud incidents and attempts.
- Ensure that all performance indicators/KRIs for management from Operations Control are availed as and when required.
- Co-ordinate and undertake training of staff on controls related subjects and role of Operations Control.
- Promote efficiency in the utilization of corporate resources.
- Participate in regional assignments relating to peer reviews and provide assistance to other countries in the cluster when the need arises, such as Internal Audit Preparation.
- Support the wider Operations Control strategy
- Promotion of a control culture within the Operations division
- Any other function/duty or responsibility that may be assigned from time to time as deemed appropriate by the business.
- SCOOs/Country OandT Heads Audit preparation, Market Operations MCA, Controls testing reports and plan
- Market Operations function heads in the countries and Processing Hub Monitoring effectiveness of controls; status of issues and progress on corrective actions.
- Operations Control Officers in the countries and administration hubs Sharing information, sharing and ensuring best practice, rendering reports.
- Regulators - Response to audit queries; inquiries regarding our securities and accounts with the Central Bank/Central Depositories for securities.
- Clients/Professional counterparties – Confirmations with respect to FX/MM contracts/Market trades/Securities
- Minimum of 15 years post-graduate experience
- Must have served at least 3 years on AVP/C12 level
- At least 10 years banking experience including processing experience in an ICG Markets product line such as FX, Money Market, Loans, Fixed Income, Derivatives or Equities.
- Must have served in at least 3 major areas of Banking Operations.
- Audit/controls experience
- Proficient in metrics/KRIs assessment and reporting
- University Degree in Accounting, Business related discipline, Information Technology, Computer Engineering or equivalent plus a relevant higher degree or professional qualification.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to multi-task
- Good communication and relationship skills
- Willingness to question/challenge existing processes and ensure a satisfactory outcome
- Analytical thinking
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize
- Willingness to Act with urgency, courage and conviction
- Good articulation of issues/events
- Ability to Work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to handle complex and varied work assignments requiring frequent careful decision making in timing and sequence of procedures and steps.
- Ability to perform thorough root-cause analysis of events and to analyse different processes to evaluate controls.
- Ability to Plan and execute various control reviews and discuss issues and corrective actions with department heads.
- Organizational skills to prepare departments for Audit, Peer and Conformance reviews.
- Organizational skills to coordinate self-assessment processes for multiple geographies.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.