If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Marie Stopes International Organisation Nigeria (MSION) is a results-orientated non-Governmental organisation, which uses modern management and marketing techniques to provide family planning and other reproductive healthcare clinical services in underserved communities. MSION’s goal is to dramatically improve access to family planning and related reproductive health services to reduce maternal mortality and ultimately poverty in Nigeria.
MSION is part of Marie Stopes International’s Global Partnership which operates in 43 countries and is the largest non-Governmental provider of family planning in the world.
Job ID: #1741806
The core responsibility of this post is to use:
Drive integrity enthusiasm commitment to personal development
to further MSI’s partnership mission: enabling individuals to have children by choice not chance.
Reporting to: Finance Manager
- Daily transaction inputting into Marie Stopes International’s SUN system
- Management of the petty cash/float for the region
- Review of budget amount against actual of expenditures.(Variance Analysis)
- Contribute to monthly management and periodic statutory reports
- Ensuring Regional field office funds request are in line with specific project budget and allowable expenses
- Salary payments and remittance of all statutory deductions to appropriate authorities
- Timely payments to Mobilizers, casual/contract staff, providers of products and services
- Distributors/sales agents account management and reconciliation.
- Coordinate payments for all project activities.
- Ensure proper controls are place at enter/clinic and provide support to centre mangers in time
- Ensure WHT are being deducted and deposited to authorities/states in time
- Ensure assets are properly accounted for and maintained at the regional level.
LOGISTICS & ADMINISTRATION
- Management of MSION store at the regional level
- Ensure the smooth running of MSION of in the region.
- Performing Logistics functions – Booking of Hotels for various activities and reconciliation of bills before making payments.
- Procurement functions at the regional level – Ensure procurement policies are followed and committee meets to approve bids analysed.
- Ensure the stock and store are properly managed as per MSI stock policy
- Ensure all fixed assets are tagged and tracked properly
- Administer the use of project vehicles and ensure maintenance.
- Any other task assigned by line manager
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- B.Sc/HND Accounting
- 2-5 years’ experience in a similar role with an INGO/NGO, private or public organisation
- Ability to use SUN Accounting package
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to multitask, manage a workload and produce high quality, on-time work
Method of Application
Applicants should apply by email with CV and suitability statement as a single attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than Friday, 28th October 2016. MSION is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to achieving gender balance within the organization. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
The subject of the email should be the POSITION TITLE/LOCATION and the CV/Suitability statement should be saved in the applicant’s full name. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NOTE: Shortlisting will start as soon as we start receiving applications and deadline might be changed without prior notice.