The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Grade: A2 (L)
Type of Position: Fixed Term
Duration of Post: 6 months
Job Category: Other British Government Departments (Partners across Government, including UK Visas)
Job Subcategory: CSSF (Conflict Stability and Security Fund), NCA (National Crime Agency)
- The main function of this post is to provide administrative and intelligence support to the National Crime Agency-led CSSF project team, based in the British High Commission in Lagos.
- This is a multi-agency team consisting of officers from the NCA, UK Border Force, RALON and local engaged staff.
- The role will be specifically to maintain and update the Project intelligence database, administrative records, manage budget spreadsheets and other ancillary duties in support of the CSSF project team.
- All applicants will be requird to hold UK passport and citizenship and have a accountable work and/or personal record for the past 5 years.
- The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to work effectively within a team.
- Appointments within the NCA require a high level of integrity and discretion. All candidates should be aware that this appointment is subject to security checks (past 5 years) and clearance prior to appointment.
Roles and Responsibilities / what will the jobholder be expected to achieve?:
- Maintain and update the Project intelligence database;
- Provide administrative support to the Project team, as directed by the Project Office Manager
- Maintennce and accounting of annual budgets.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Effectively manage data and intelligence relating to Project core business areas (drug trafficking and human trafficking);
- Produce accurate reports on data and intelligence as required by the Project team;
- Provide administrative support to the Project Office Manager as required. This may include booking flights and accommodation, providing to logistical support to training events, maintaining administrative records in support of project budget management and the management of assets.
- Other ad hoc duties as directed by JBTF staff and/or the JBTF Office Manager.
Essential Qualifications and Experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Good working knowledge of MS Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Ability to quickly and accurately input data to a bespoke database.
- Good attention to detail.
Desirable qualifications and experience:
- Familiar with Firecrest, Echo, FCO and NCA systems
- Leading and Communicating, Collaborating and Partnering, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace
Starting monthly salary: N360 778
1st November, 2016
go to method of application »
Grade: A1 (L)
Type of Position: Permanent
Job Category: Foreign and Commonwealth Office (Operations and Corporate Services)
Job Subcategory: Estates
Job Description (Roles and Responsibilities)
Main purpose of job:
- General administration of Technical Works Group (TWG) operation.
Roles and responsibilities / what will the jobholder be expected to achieve?
- Monitoring the TWG inbox and helpdesk.
- Receiving phone calls/e-mails from clients regarding emergency maintenance requests.
- Control of the works requests cycle (reactive and day to day maintenance) this includes:- Originating/Receiving/Registering works request; Acknowledgement and delegating works to the relevant teams; Reporting on client’s satisfaction.
- Drafting notices and information to clients and replies to their queries.
- Filing of correspondence, purchase and contract documents.
- Co-ordination of the Pre-Planned Maintenance (PPM) regime
- Filling entries onto Pyramid.
- Preparation of Permanent staff overtimes on monthly basis.
- Administration of casual staff payroll.
- Compile property files and ensure they are up to date regarding Mini Building Hazards Risk Assesment required documentation.
- Receipting goods & services on prism.
- Asset management for TWG.
- GPC Card for general supplies; confirmation and payment.
- Administrative support for the TWG Foreman.
- Training co-ordinator for TWG.
- Administrative support for Technical works Supervisors.
- Advising and monitoring TWG Artisans in the correct use of Prism.
- Telephone tree co-ordinator
- Deal with Government utility departments and outside contractors when required
- Works requests analysis and to implement Estates management policies to increase work efficiencies.
- Complete the appraisal cycle as reporting and countersigning officer for line managed staff as delegated by the TWG foreman.
Essential Qualifications and Experience
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- IT literate and familiar in Microsoft office applications.
Desirable Qualifications and Experience:
- Organisational and project management skills
- Knowledge of building management
- Changing and Improving, Collaborating and Partnering, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace
Starting monthly salary: N248,761
1st November, 2016
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Appointment for this position requires a high level of integrity and discretion. All candidates should be aware that this appointment is subject to security checks and clearance prior to appointment. Please note that only nationals of the UK are likely to meet this requirement.
- Employees recruited locally by the British Deputy High Commission in Lagos are subject to the Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law in Nigeria.
- All applicants must be legally able to work in the country of application with the correct visa/status or work permit.
- Employees who are not eligible to pay local income tax: e.g. certain third-country nationals and spouses/partners of UK diplomats will have their salaries abated by an equivalent amount.
- Reference and security clearances checks will be conducted.
- Any questions you may have about this position will be answered during the interview, should you be invited.
- Information about the Foreign and Commonwealth Office Competency Framework can be found on this link: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/civil-service-competency-framework
- Successful candidates not resident in Country will be personally liable for costs and arrangements to relocate, including accommodation and work permits.
- Complete the application form in full as the information provided will be used for screening purposes.
- Check your application and attachments before you submit your application, as you will not be able to make any changes once submitted.
- The British Deputy High Commissionill never ask you to pay a fee or money to apply for a position.