Centre Manager in an Infomation Technology Incubation Center (x2)
Posted on: 23 January, 2013
Deadline: 25 January, 2013
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View Jobs posted same day
Software Business Incubation Centres in Lagos and Tinapa require the services of a Centre Manager.
Location: Lagos and Tinapa
The Incubation Centre manager will be responsible to ensure the overall orchestration and coordination of activities in & partnerships for the Incubation Centre. This includes setting the priorities for the Incubation Centre, driving alignment between the various stakeholders and ensuring that the Incubation Centre offers a differentiating experience to the startups being incubated. Do you want to make a difference? Are you passionate about helping businesses succeed? Would you like to help Nigeria become the next software hub?
The ideal candidate will have a mix of business development skills that are required to drive developer, academic, and ecosystem engagement and innovation skills required to keep the Incubation Centre relevant within the ecosystem as well as business management skills required to measure impact and to keep the Incubation Centre financially sustainable.
- Support the selection process of new tenants.
- Induct new tenants, assist and support them throughout their development.
- Create opportunities for tenants to network with one another.
- Provide regular information to both internal and external stakeholders
- Develop and maintain partnerships with other public and/or private organizations which provide business development assistance for the benefit of clients.
- Establish a professional advisory network for tenants.
- Ensure the different training programs deliver against target and are improved, supported or retired according to performance
- Promote the Incubation Center, its programs, and employees at every available opportunity, with specific responsibilities for recruitment and promotion.
Other Responsibilities include:
- Develop strategic goals and objectives for the client service programs;
- Develop innovative models for funding the incubator and assist in preparing the annual budget;
- Establish linkage for client funding opportunities via venture capital/equity firms and angel networks;
Qualifications & Experience
- Successful candidates will possess a BA/B. Eng/ BSc/ B. Tech or MA/M. Eng/MBA/ MSc in a relevant technology or business discipline. Minimum of 5 years of work experience in working with developers and/or start-ups.
- Evidence of strong organizational, interpersonal and communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to network within the business community.
- Ability to work with diverse groups including businesses, entrepreneurs, major corporations, universities, the public and economic development organizations.
- Ability to operate as a business professional and an effective educator, and show evidence of a willingness to fulfill both roles.
- Possess skills required to instruct and assist clients in the areas of business plan development, market analysis, identification of and process to apply for sources of capital for business development and growth, business tax issues, and laws related to employment issues.
- Experience in working with start-ups.
- Experience in being part of growing company management team with supervisory experience and being a team player
- Experience in any aspect of small business, or personally owning and/or operating a commercial venture
- Strong marketing experience focused on a technical audience.
- Ability to identify and recruit potential clients for the Incubation Center; discerning their readiness to start or expand a business.
- Possess skills required to manage landlord/tenant relationships for the Incubation Center including structural and operational procedures.
- Mentoring capabilities by him/herself and through own networks Contact
Method of Application
Qualified and Interested candidates should contact: IncubatorNigeria@live.com
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Similar Jobs
- Experienced Social Media Managers at Jambrite
- Job Opening at Mobius Wireless Solutions Limited
- Job Vacancies at Visa Incorporated
- Senior Sales Manager 3 - Proposals at GE Nigeria
- People and Culture Manager at Andela
- Front End Designers at Tsaboin
- Quickcheck Business Intelligence Lead at Seedstars
- Technical Advisor - Field Services at GE Nigeria