The International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement is the largest humanitarian network in the world. Its mission is to alleviate human suffering, protect life and health, and uphold human dignity especially during armed conflicts and other emergencies. It is present in every country and supported by millions of volunteers.
The International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement is dedicated to preventing and alleviating human suffering in warfare and in emergencies such as epidemics, floods and earthquakes.
It is not a single organization. It is composed of the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies and the 189 individual National Societies. Each has its own legal identity and role, but they are all united by seven Fundamental Principles.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), Maiduguri Sub Delegation is looking for suitable candidate to fill the
- Maximizes fleet efficiency and effectiveness for all vehicles and generators through planned preventative
- maintenance in accordance with guidelines issued from Geneva or in accordance with manufacturer’s
- recommendations as well as in view of operational requirements.
- Repairs and maintains ICRC Vehicles and generators according to workload planning and instructions.
- Controls and ensures the use of genuine spare parts and professional working methods for all repairs.
- Establishes and maintain an accurate and Job card based maintenance history for all log/Fleet assets
- Fills in all accidents, services and repairs in technical logbook
- Stocks In liaison with ABJ workshop and prepares order for spares for six month consumption for Maiduguri
- Carries out routine works mainly independently
- Degree in mechanics or recognised technical training
- 2 years work experience as a mechanic
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Driving license
- Succeeded in ICRC Driving test.
- Flexible and motivated
- Good sense of responsibility and well organized
- Quality, preventive maintenance and solution oriented
go to method of application »
- Responsible for the assistance to the Warehouse Manager in the discharge of his duties and, more specifically, for the reception and careful inspection of items delivered to the Medical and Info stocks by suppliers or ICRC Geneva, for the proper and careful storage of such items and for their packing and distribution from ICRC Maiduguri warehouse to the field.
- Responsible for the maintenance of the medical warehouse as well as its infrastructure (pallets, shelving, electricity and water supply, lighting, air-conditioning)
- Ensuring that only authorized consignments leave the medical warehouse with appropriate documentation.
- Ensuring proper storage of all goods and protecting them adequately from heat, freezing, water, fire, dirt and vermin
- Performing a complete entry inspection and informing the stock controller and medical warehouse manager of any discrepancies between packing list and physical consignment
- Packing cold chain items in appropriate cold boxes with sufficient ice packs according to the equipment instructions
- Providing protective packing for breakable items
- Taking active support role in the yearly or Ad Hoc formal inventory
- Minimum of Secondary education
- Technical or commercial high school is an asset
- 1-3 years work experience in a similar field
- Proficient Hausa Language and Good Verbal and basic written English knowledge
- PC literate: Microsoft office
- Sense of organization
- Rigor and method
Method of Application
Persons interested and qualified should send application letter, curriculum vitae and contact details of three referees to
Please clearly indicate “Mechanic Maiduguri"; or “Medical Storekeeper Maiduguri"as the subject of your application
(Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated)
The deadline for the submission of applications will be 14.10.2016. Late application will not be considered
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively
humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to
provide them with assistance.
For more information about the ICRC, please visit our website www.icrc.org