Legal Vacancy at a Leading E&P Company - Energi Talent Resourcing
Posted on: 26 September, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Oil and Gas / Marine
View All Jobs at Energi Talent Resourcing
Our Client, a leading E&P company within the oil and gas sector, will be in need of a qualified professional who provide legal support in relation to existing operations including but not limited to negotiations, drafting and reviewing of contracts, license agreements and secretarial duties.
Purpose of role
The company secretary ensures that an organization complies with relevant legislation and regulation, and keeps board members informed of their legal responsibilities.
- Provide legal counsel to the Company in relation to new ventures by assisting in due diligence, structuring of the transaction, drafting key agreements and managing external legal counsel
- Provide accurate and timely counsel to Management on a variety of legal topics
- Provide high level support to the Legal department on corporate affairs and company secretarial matters and ensure statutory compliance with the requirements under Nigerian Company Law and the Alternative Investment Market.
- Conduct contract negotiation and review, risk management and control.
- Research and evaluate different risk factors (legal exposure) regarding business decisions and operations.
- Communicate and negotiate with external parties (regulators, external counsel, public authorities etc.) as needed.
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Law or a Juris Doctor degree (Masters in Law degree beneficial)
- Nigerian Law School required. Member of the Nigerian Bar Association
- At least 8 years of legal experience working in a law firm or an oil and gas company
- Experience working in the Nigerian legal system
- Must have strong experience in the oil and gas sector (E&P preferably)
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, teamed with the ability to build relationships and deal with people at all levels within and outside the organization
- Excellent knowledge of corporate law in Nigeria, UK and US
Method of Application
If you would like to be considered for this role please email a copy of your CV in WORD FORMAT with subject as Legal Counsel to firstname.lastname@example.org
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Energi Talent ResourcingSimilar Jobs
- Business Development Manager in the Oil and Gas Industry - People Experts
- Job Opportunity at BOURBON Oil & Gas
- Fresh Vacancies at JAGAL Group
- Human Resource Career Opportunity at TDI Global
- Job Vacancy at an Oil and gas Firm - Wilco
- Ongoing Recruitment at AOS Orwell Ltd.
- Accounting Job Opening at an Oil and Gas Company - Staffline Consulting Limited
- Engineering Job Vacancy at a Multinational Oil and Gas Company - Maventeq Systems Limited