Mott MacDonald is a global management, engineering and development consultancy adding value for public and private clients on agenda-setting, next-generation projects worldwide. We use our ingenuity to save our customers money and time, reduce risks, increase efficiency, maximise sustainable outcomes and advance best practice.
We are currently expanding our operations in West Africa and for this purpose we are looking for suitably qualified experts for the positions below on a long-term basis with duty station in the Region:
Job Ref: 25664BR
Job Category: Environment, International development
We are looking for senior consultants with expertise in the following areas to work on new donor funded projects in developing countries:
- Climate Resilience and Adaptation
- Climate change mitigation and low carbon growth
- Disaster Risk Management
- Adaptation Economics and Climate Finance
- Monitoring & Evaluation of Climate Change programmes
- Gender and Climate Change
- Institutional Strengthening and Governance
- Private Sector Development / Innovation
- Public / Private financing mechanisms
- Infrastructure and System Resilience and asset management
- Sector expertise in climate change e.g. in livelihoods, agriculture, food security, forestry, water resource management, fisheries, education etc.
Required skills and qualifications:
- A minimum of 5 years of climate resilience experience working on programmes in developing countries/fragile contexts
- Master's Degree in International Development, Climate Change or related fields.
Desirable skills and qualifications:
- Strong and proven leadership skills. Ability to manage effective teams and work with various key stakeholders in government and with key private and public partners, civil society, peer and donor agencies.
Job Ref: 25728BR
Job Category: Buildings, Cost & project management, Environment, Management consultancy, Transport, Rail, Highways, Urban Development, International development, Metros, Transport Technology, Urban Transport
- For multiple upcoming bids within the field of Urban Development and Transport, we would like to get in touch with Freelance professionals that are open for on-site assignments in developing countries.
- Our Urban Development and Transport portfolio focusses on donor funded programs in Africa and (South and South-East) Asia. Overall target is to improve the lives of people in Rural and Urban areas by supporting national governments and municipalities in Transport Policy, Master Planning, and Identification and Design of urban infrastructure.
- To achieve this goal, multiple specialists are needed in (among others) the fields of Road Asset Management, Environmental Impact and Public-Private Partnerships (PPP).
- We work in countries such as Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nepal and multiple Sub-Saharan African countries.
You will be an experienced International Development consultant with proven technical skills in the above areas gained form implementing projects in country funded by donors such as DFID, ADB, EU, WB etc. Ideally you:
- Have at least 10 years of experience as an international expert or Team Leader in multiple donor funded programmes;
- Have at least 7 years of experience in various developing countries;
- Have a relevant Degree in your field of expertise;
- Possess good reporting skills;
- Are flexible when it comes to relocation
- Are fluent in English, additional languages are beneficial.
Job Ref: 25650BR
Job Category: Management consultancy, Urban Development, International development
- Mott MacDonald's International Development Services Unit, IDS, operates within the international development sectors of Environment and Water, Education, Health and Social and Economic Development with a particular focus currently on Urban Development and Transportation.
- Together we implement and manage projects and programmes in developing countries and emerging economies around the world. We are committed to support the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals and to provide our expertise to help improving lives of people in need.
- To promote sustainable economic development, we work with a large number of International Financial Institutions (IFIs) and donor agencies such as the World Bank, the Asian and African Development Banks, the European Commission and its various organisations (e.g. EBRD, EIB), UN agencies, the German Government and the UK Department for International Development (DFID).
- IDS recruits for a wide range of project assignments in the area of International Development. We are involved in more than 90 projects in over 40 countries in Central and Eastern Europe, Africa, Asia and the Middle East.
- We are currently preparing for and tracking numerous project opportunities specifically in the area of Secondary City infrastructure.
- We therefore seek to build relationships with freelance consultants aiming to have technical inputs to projects which incorporate this activity.
- Secondary cities are growing the most but with fewer capacities to plan and manage urban development and promote employment and economic growth. Due to their sheer growing number, it is systems of secondary cities, such as cities with fewer than one million inhabitants, that will have a greater influence upon the future economic development of nations and larger geographic regions.
- Globally, there are more than 2,400 cities in the world with populations between 150,000 and 5 million which could be loosely described as secondary cities. Nearly two thirds of these are located in Africa and Asia. Secondary cities range in form and size from 150,000 to 5 million people and perform a wide range of functions in national and international systems of cities.
- Secondary cities will play an important role as catalysts and secondary hubs in facilitating the localised production, transportation, transformation, or transfer of goods, people, trade, information, and services between sub-national, metropolitan, national, regional, and global systems of cities. They will likely demonstrate the presence of industry agglomeration and clusters; a system of well-developed, localised supply chains and networks; a diversified economic and employment base; and a broad housing mix.
- You will be an experienced International Development consultant with proven technical skills in the above areas gained form implementing projects in country funded by donors such as DFID, ADB, EU, WB etc.
- You will be up to date on current policy in the area.
- We are ideally looking for individuals with specific practical experience of;
- Working at ministerial level (eg capacity building, systems development, policy development)
- Project Management (Team Leader, Resident Engineer, budget control)
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.