Job Vacancy at A.G Leventis (Nigeria) Plc.
Posted on: 13 August, 2016
Deadline: 26 August, 2016
View Jobs in Manufacturing / Production / FMCG
View All Jobs at Leventis
Leventis Foods Limited is a subsidiary of A.G Leventis (Nigeria) Plc. and one of the largest bakeries in Nigeria producing highly nutritious variety of bakery products and snacks, with a strong brand presence in Lagos.
- Check raw ingredients for maturity or stability for processing and finished products for safety, quality, and nutritional value.
- Develop food standards and production specifications, safety and sanitary regulations, and waste management and water supply specifications.
- Develop new or improved ways of preserving, processing, packaging, storing, and delivering foods, using knowledge of chemistry, microbiology, and other sciences.
- Evaluate food processing and storage operations and assist in the development of quality assurance programs for such operations.
- Inspect food-processing areas to ensure compliance with government regulations and standards for sanitation, safety, quality, and waste management standards.
- Study methods to improve aspects of foods, such as chemical composition, flavor, color, texture, nutritional value, and convenience.
- Test new products for flavor, texture, color, nutritional content, and adherence to government and industry standards.
- Documentation of reports.
- Confer with process engineers, plant operators, flavor experts, and packaging and marketing specialists to resolve problems in product development.
- Study the structure and composition of food or the changes foods undergo in storage and processing.
- Testing and Calibration of equipment.
- Stay up-to-date on new regulations and current events regarding food science by reviewing scientific literature.
Qualification and Requirements
- B.Sc, HND in Food Chemistry or Microbiology with minimum of 5 years’ work experience in a food processing industry.
- Knowledge of a range of sciences and their applications to food
- Good business, IT, analytical and numerical abilities
- Being a confident independent worker
- Meticulous attention to detail, particularly with regard to health, safety and hygiene
- Candidates must have worked in a food processing industry
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their application letter and CV’s to firstname.lastname@example.org on subject matter- Chemist
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about LeventisSimilar Jobs
- Promasidor Nigeria Recruitment for Electrical Electronic Engineer
- Credit Control Officer at JMG Limited
- Jobs at Tetra Pak
- Latest Jobs at JMG Limited
- SABMiller Recruiting for Local Category Manager
- Job Vacancies at Platinum Careers
- Job Openings at a Manufacturing Company - Inter-Arc Consultants Ltd
- General Accountant at GZ Industries