Palladium develops and delivers solutions that create positive impact for communities, businesses, societies and economies. We transform lives and create enduring value by working with governments, corporations and non-profit organisations.
We create positive impact through more than 100 current projects with more than 2000 employees operating in over 90 countries.
Project Overview and Role
- The Federal Programme Officer is responsible for supporting the Federal Team Leader in delivering the Federal component of the Engaged Citizens Pillar of PSAGP.
- This includes supporting the FTL in planning programme delivery, co-ordinating inputs from Federal Partnership facilitators and short term advisors and monitoring and recording results.
- The FPO will work to co-ordinate activities with technical and operational teams at the National and state levels as well as liaising with programme partners under the direction of the FTL.
- The Federal Programme Officer will report to the Federal Team Leader and is responsible for working under the direction provided them, regularly reporting to them and ensuring his/her activities fall within agreed frameworks and operating principles, as well as building an effective working relationship more broadly
- Co-ordinating the development and refinement of the Federal programme strategy
- Supporting the FTL in planning for contextual studies to be completed at the Federal level, including co-ordinating the inputs of Federal Partnership Facilitators, short term advisors and partners
- Co-ordinating, under the FTL, the development of workplans and budgets for the Federal level and communicating these to partners, National and State teams
- Supporting the FTL in planning and organising for on-going refinements of the Federal level strategy, including collecting feedback and organising reflection points
- Developing and monitoring the implementation of the agreed workplan under the FTLs guidance, including co-ordinating the work of FPFs and short term advisors
- Coordinating and monitoring the allocation of ECP resources towards different outputs and workstreams
- Manage the inputs of national TA
- Actively work to ensure work at the Federal level is fully integrated with ECP?s information management, communication and monitoring and evaluation systems
- Support the FTL in co-ordinating work with other pillars of PSAG and other Development Partners.
Support to M&E, Reflection, Reporting, KM & Communications systems:
- Co-ordinate and monitor the development and implementation of M&E plans by Federal Partnership Facilitators
- Collate and provide ad-hoc support to Federal Partnership Facilitators in compiling required information/data into the Federal M&E database, activity report & replication diary summary sheets, case studies, QPRs and other reporting templates as required
- Internally communicate/share learning and ideas with staff in the States and Abuja and externally communicate/share learning and ideas with other Development partners as required by the FTL.
Liaison with key programme partners:
- Maintaining regular liaison with the ECP National team and State teams to ensure work at the Federal level is fully co-ordinated with other interventions
- Support the FTL in maintaining regular liaison with key programme partners, including Pillar One of the PSAG programme, other development programmes working at the Federal level, including DDiN-2, FOSTER 2 and other sectoral programmes
- Liaise with partners in the Federal government as required by the FTL
Minimum education and experience required:
- Educated to university degree level or above
- At least 5 years? experience in programme management roles
- Experience working in a donor (preferably DFID) funded programme
Key competencies and professional expertise required:
- Ability to coordinate between a broad range of stakeholders, including civil society, government and the media and broker relationships between them
- Strong skills in using systems for the delivery of development programmes, including workplanning, monitoring and evaluation and knowledge management
- Ability to work effectively as part of a complex team
- Good understanding of state and civil society dynamics in Nigeria, particularly at the Federal level
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Palladium Group career website on thepalladiumgroup.com to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.