IROKO Partners Ltd is a super fast growing start-up business.
We are the fastest growing digital media company offering West African content globally. Our mission is to provide easier access and discovery of quality entertainment content to hundreds of millions of people on devices of their choice. We work across three continents and have offices in London, New York and Lagos.
We have been featured in a range of global media including The Sunday Times, Forbes, Variety and many, many others.
Please check out iROKOtv.com to discover more about us!
Head of Legal
To assist Head of Legal with all legal contracts, particularly high volume Free to Air license agreements, administrative support and any other related matters as assigned.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review, negotiate and draft a wide range of agreements and documents, particularly Free To Air license, revenue share and advertising agreements;
- Provide support to Head of Legal, senior-level management and sales and marketing teams;
- Handle high volume transactions with tight deadlines;
- Perform legal research on broad range of matters and local laws, particularly on media and entertainment in Nigeria; and
- Track all legal contracts and develop a contract calendar.
- Bachelor’s degree in law
- At least 2-3 years experience practising law with or clerking for a law firm in Nigeria, or in-house with a leading Free to Air channel
- 1 years law experience and 1 year in house with a reputable media outlet (TV, News or Film)
- Comfortable with Free to Air (particularly), Pay TV, Advertising and other commercial contracts
- Experience drafting, negotiating and reviewing agreements (paytv, VOD, Free to Air,and advertising) or 2 years experience reviewing Corporate & Commercial Agreements.
- Can work autonomously
- Member of the Nigerian Bar
- Attention to detail
- Research Skills
- Ability to work proactively, independently and under tight time frames
- Excellent communicator
- Willingness to adapt to changing situations and be solution-oriented
- Cultural awareness
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to iROKO Partners Ltd career website on www.linkedin.com to apply