Job Vacancy at Deep Blue Energy
Posted on: 8 August, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Oil and Gas / Marine
View All Jobs at Deep Blue Energy Services Limited
Deep Blue Energy Services Limited (DBESL), is a resource and solution management company that specializes in assisting international/Local companies in identifying Potential market opportunities, assisting with permits, sourcing highly skilled employees, bidding on and negotiating contracts and navigating the often complex political and policy environment of many sub Saharan African countries.
- The Radar /Radio Operator will be responsible for the surveillance monitoring of the maritime situations in and around the Field.
- He reports to the Maritime Security Advisor/Port Facility Security Officer/Marine Ops Manager while carrying out the following duties:
- Maintain all round radar surveillance of the common Field 10Nm radius of the FPSO
- Monitor the field security layout under the responsibility of the OIM/RSES
- Observe and report the Maritime traffic situations around the field
- Provide appropriate challenge and response for effective security interventions
- Monitor and assign sporting sectors for effective security cover and patrols
- Operates the radio link between the shore/air/sea and the FPSO
- Performs radio watch, and ensures transmittals of ingoing and outgoing messages
- Monitor helicopter arrival/despatch operations to/from base station and metrological information
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the MSA/PFSO
- Operate the surveillance radar and perform 12 hourly radar watch (2 watch system)
- Maintain periodic radio checks with the security boats and working vessels in the field
- Direct incoming and outgoing traffics through assigned sector of approaches
- Maintain accurate log of Maritime situations and interventions in the field.
- Take active part in the field security drills and exercises
- Operates the communication equipment when required (ex: emergency)
- Stand by radio, emission of outgoing messages, as instructed by the Marine Superintendent/MOM
- Liaises with helicopter(s) and all field vessels’ spread
- Receives and communicates to the MOM and/or Marine Superintendent any incoming messages related to their area of operations
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the Marine Superintendent/MOM
- Maintain continuous awareness of hazards and surroundings and propose ways of improvement.
- Encourage culture of HSE among team members by prompt anomaly reporting and close out.
- Comply with office security, health and safety rules, instructions and procedures.
- Take care of colleagues’ safety and behaviour without hesitating to intervene decisively
Context and Environment
- Rotation status: 2 weeks on / 2 weeks off (B2B). Offshore environment – working in the context of a maritime environment with rapidly changing security situations and increasing risks of piracy, kidnapping and sabotage/attacks on Oil and Gas Installations/assets by armed groups
- Maritime Situational Awareness
- Application of Security Plans and Procedures including quarterly security drills
- Security anomaly, surveillance and patrol reports
- Monitoring and checking of offshore security systems and equipment.
- Minimum one year of experience as a radio operator
- Radar/ARPA/AIS Training with excellent operating experience
- GMDSS General Operators Certificate is desirable
- CAA Radio Operators Certificate or Equivalent (VHF Air band Operator)
- CAA Offshore Meteorological Observer Certificate or equivalent is an advantage
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Excel software
- Good BOSIET and Medical Certificate
- Language: English
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Deep Blue Energy Services Limited career website on www.dbesl.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Deep Blue Energy Services LimitedSimilar Jobs
- Senior Reservoir Engineer at Eroton Exploration and Production Company Limited
- OLT Electrical & Instrumentation Supervisor at Hobark International
- Human Resource Job at Petrok Oil and Gas
- Human Resource Assistant at a Maritime Institution - George Davidson & Associates (GDA)
- Jobs at Adexen Recruitment Agency
- Fresh Jobs at Hobark International Limited (HIL)
- Business Development Executive at a Leading Technological Company - Petros Management Consulting
- Drilling Job at Mosra Enerji Limited