A USAID-funded project in northern Nigeria aimed at strengthening state and local government capacity to deliver basic education services by addressing key issues in the management, sustainability, and oversight of basic education as well as increasing access of orphans and vulnerable children to basic education and services such as health information and counselling is seeking a suitably qualified candidate for the position below
The Senior Teacher Training Advisor (Sokoto) will be responsible for providing technical leadership for all teacher education activities, including leading and coordinating the teacher education and systems support activities at the state level. The position requires experience with teacher training policy and practice, designing applications for teacher management information systems (data collection and analysis) and personnel management. Current residency in Sokoto State is preferred for this position.
Reporting & Supervision
The Senior Teacher Training Advisor will report to the Deputy Chief of Party in the Sokoto Office and work closely with the Senior Teacher Training Advisor in Bauchi
- Lead integrated, state-level technical working groups and steering commitment in the following tasks:
- Strengthen state delivery of priority teacher education develop activities;
- Assessment of teacher education standards;
- Review and strengthen instructional quality and teacher performance; and
- Strengthen instructional quality standards.
- Work with the State Universal Basic Education (SUBEB) and a consultant firm to develop and deploy a Teacher Management Information System at state and LGA levels.
- Support pre-service literacy and numeracy service delivery. Ensure technical coordination of state-level activities and obtain support from state government counterparts and local government authorities as needed.
- Work closely with the Deputy Chief of Party (Sokoto) to manage support staff and consultants as needed to ensure the smooth implementation of project activities in Sokoto State acrossteclmical areas. Ensure the timely production, coordination, and reporting of all state-level data: quarterly reports, M&E data, financial mformation, etc.
- Participate in regular meetings and maintain regular communication with component and state level team counterparts, and with the Deputy Chief of Party (Sokoto), to ensure coherent planning and alignment with Monitoring & Evaluation expectations.
- Represent the project in major state meetings and events as appropriate.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum of a Master's Degree in any of the Education fields (preferably in Educational Technology).
- Minimum of five years experience working in education and development projects in developing countries.
- Minimum of five years experience of training in modem pedagogical approaches and education policy.
- Vast working experience in use of In tor mati on Technology (IT) and Education
- Management Information (EMIS) for personnel record keeping.
- Extensive knowledge of the Nigerian educational context, especially of teacher education situation in Northern Nigeria.
- A working understanding of policy provisions of teacher education programs.
- Experience managing consultants and working with state level stakeholders.
- Good interpersonal skills and team building skills.
- Excellent facilitation and report writing skills.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their Curriculum Vitae (CV) with an application letter as a single Word or PDF file addressed to "Chief of Party" by email to email@example.com, within 10 days of this publication.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.
FEMALES AS WELL AS INDIGENES OF SOKOTO STATE WHO QUALIFY FOR THIS POSITION ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale