If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Busara Center for Behavioral Economics is an advisory and research organisation focused on evaluation and implementation of behavioral interventions across Africa. Busara’s mission involves the application of research and rigorous methods, to enable partners to improve program design, evaluate existing programs, and optimize internal processes. To this end Busara has worked with a variety of organisations in an advisory capacity to apply behavioral insights, build analytical models, and develop new products. In addition, in its research centre capacity, Busara operates a Nairobi-based lab capable of implementing advanced experiments in psychology, behavioral economics and other academic disciplines.
Reports to: Busara Center Lagos Team
Term of Employment: Temporary
Required Number: 4 - 6
Start Date: As soon as possible
- The research engagement seeks to uncover insights about behaviour change in financial services, especially among women, with the end goal of expanding and enhancing women’s use of DFS provided by Diamond Bank in Nigeria.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prompt arrival at work
- Carry out qualitative data collection using the various methodologies
- Successfully working in a team
- Organizing data collected from the field
- On non-field days: conscientious performance of office work (such as matching IDs, translation of work, etc.)
- Assist in daily survey organization and storage
- Undertake associated administrative activities and contribute to the compilation of data
- Ensure data integrity is maintained at all times and minimize errors in data collection
- Maintaining high standard of professional integrity in all activities
- Providing the Project Manager with daily feedback regarding field activities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills Pidgin (must) and English
- Experience with qualitative data collection through different methodologies- show proof of this in application
- Ability to recognize when questions are difficult or unclear to subjects
- Excellent note taking ability during interviews
- Ability to comfortably work with groups and within groups
- Bachelors' Degree or College Diploma in Social Sciences, Economic, Development Studies and/or Business Administration.
- Past experience in various qualitative research projects.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications including detailed CV's through e-mail to: email@example.com
Note: Women are highly encouraged to apply.