Graduate Job at Stanbic IBTC Bank
Posted on: 28 July, 2016
Deadline: 15 August, 2016
View Jobs in Banking / Financial Services
View All Jobs at Stanbic IBTC
Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa's financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent.
Standard Bank is a firm believer in technical innovation, to help us guarantee exceptional client service and leading edge financial solutions. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant working culture. To help us drive our success into the future, we are looking for resourceful individuals to join our dedicated team at our offices.
- Group Information Technology: systems development, business analysis, architecture, project management, data warehousing, infrastructure, maintenance and production
- Responsible for performing security monitoring and incident handling to ensure the Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability of information assets for the Standard Bank Group.
- Partner with relevant stakeholders to maintain and improve the security posture of Business and IT.
- Develop appropriate measures to understand the effectiveness of securing the bank through the availability of systems.
- Perform monitoring via the Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) tool as well as from external sources (e.g. telephone or email).
- Report on false positives and escalate those to the Lead Analyst for verification.
- Undertake incident analysis, tracking, recording, and response.
- Work with or assist other Cyber Security Incident Response Team (CSIRT) members in analysis activities.
- Report new attack types or suspicious activity to the Lead Analyst.
- Update the Case Management tools with evidence trails of all analysed incidents.
- Document results of incidents.
- Escalate and provide feedback on incidents as per Incident Handling Classification Standard and process.
- Provide support to Lead Analyst and coordinate activities in support of Incident Containment.
- Interact with the CSIRT team by assignment from Lead Analyst or Manager of Cyber Security Operations Centre.
Mitigation of Risk:
- Continuously report on incidents identified via the SIEM.
- Spot patterns across a number of systems to provide advanced warning on new threats.
- Have an in-depth knowledge of Stanbic IBTC’s policies, procedures, or overall IT environment. Adherence to all applicable Policies and Procedures is mandatory.
- Ad- hoc compilation and submission of M.I.S reports.
- Security incidents reporting.
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- Understanding of the CSOC and CSIRT objectives and requirements.
- Relevant IT certifications.
- Working knowledge of relevant Operating Systems.
- Demonstrate knowledge of standards associated with the role, e.g. ISO, CobiT, ITIL.
- Understanding of incident management and case management technologies (ticketing systems).
- Excellent communication and skills, written and verbal.
- TCP/IP, HTTP, network access controls, Security principles.
Method of Application
To apply, visit Stanbic IBTC Career Page
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Stanbic IBTCSimilar Jobs
- Jobs at a Leading Nigerian Bank Via Human Capital Partners (HCP)
- Airtime Sales Executives at a Financial Technology Company - eRecruiter Nigeria
- Entry-level Quality Control Officers at Electronic PayPlus Limited
- Marketing Jobs at a Mortgage Bank - Bleuapple Consulting
- Relationship Officers at Letshego Microfinance Bank
- Sales & Marketing Lead/Manager at eRecruiter Nigeria
- Sales Manager at eRecruiter Nigeria
- Career Opportunities at Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria