GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Power is a world leader in power generation with deep domain expertise to help customers deliver electricity from a wide spectrum of fuel sources. We are transforming the electricity industry with the digital power plant, the world’s largest and most efficient gas turbine, full balance of plant, upgrade and service solutions as well as our data-leveraging software. Our innovative technologies and digital offerings help make power more affordable, reliable, accessible and sustainable.
Job Number: 2632169
PS team in MEA region is looking for an experienced rotor dynamics expert. In this role you will be expected to assess vibration anomalies, identify containments to mitigate operation challenges and establish CAs. You are expected to connect with tech PL and lead customer discussions in improved product RAM. You will be responsible for providing timely technical solutions to the fleet of turbine from the time the equipment is installed until it is decommissioned
- Respond to internal and external customer requests for technical issue resolution relating to gas turbine using technical product knowledge and analytical skills while adhering to sound engineering principles, standards, practices, procedures
- Drive and lead product issue resolution with Quality and integrity
- Focus on eliminating repetitive products issues
- Lead and drive product cost reduction initiatives
- Drive specific technical resolution and help identify, drive corrective actions.
- Plan and provide engineering technical oversight to PS teams during outage planning to meet availability goals.
- Engage/prepare technical communications to customers of major issue resolutions
- Program manages root cause analysis on Heavy Duty Gas Turbine ranging through Frames 6, 7 and 9
- Partner with the Global Services, Design Engineering teams and interface with external and internal suppliers to facilitate the logistical implementation of Fleet Program technical solutions
- Travel to customer locations to:
- Support customer technical review meetings and proactively present technical recommendations to champion GE's committed to World’s Best Running Fleet
- Support unplanned/forced outages to meet availability and reliability goals
- Experience in GAS Turbine operation, maintenance, projects and Installation with fairly good understanding of GT design and fleet challenges
- Comprehensive knowledge of rotating plant dynamics and vibration engineering
- Theoretical understanding of condition monitoring principles and methods of practical implementation
- Understanding of turbine generators and large auxiliary plant engineering
- Experience of rotating plant operating problems, failure modes, mitigation strategies and repair techniques.
- Skilled and practical ability to use mathematical modelling techniques relating to rotor dynamics and static vibration
- Hands on experience in ADRE /System 1 Analytical tools and diagnostic studies
- Hands own experience in Rotor train alignment, trim balancing and other trouble shooting checks related to vibration analysis
- Experience working directly with customer
- Computer skills: MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Language skills: English
- Good team player, research and organizational skills, keen to learn, proactive attitude.
- Excellent communication skills, enthusiasm and commitment.
- Must be willing to relocate as business needs change
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 5 to 10 years’ experience in HD GT operation / maintenance / Installation
- Must be willing to travel 25 to 40%
- Fluent in English
- Must be willing to work off hours and weekends to support emergency issue resolution
Method of Application
Interested in this position, apply online on GE careers
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale