North East Regional Initiative (NERI) - An International Development Organization is seeking applications from qualified Nigerian nationals for the following position:
The STTA Note Taker will take accurate, complete, legible notes during a three days Strategic Review Session and submit a comprehensive report at the end of each day’s activity.The STTA Note Taker will be engaged for four days’ and will submit a final typed-report after the three days’ event to the Operations Manager.
Reporting & Supervision:
The STTA Note Taker will report to the Operations Manager based in Abuja
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DELIVERABLES
- Arrives at the SRS event before the start time – 8:30am
- Takes accurate notes on the content of discussion (material/audio/video), questions and feedbacks/action points during each session.
- Ensures that notes taken are clear, neat, well organized, descriptive of information provided, and free of spelling and grammatical errors.
- Remains physically and mentally alert and attentive during notetaking; refrains from providing advice, interjections, and/or personal opinions, either verbally or within the text of notes taken.
- Ensures that all related information/discussions remains confidential and is provided solely to the intended recipient/reporting supervisor
- Submit daily notes to the reporting supervisor
- Submit a detailed/complied typed-report after the three days’ session
GUIDELINES FOR THE NOTETAKER:
- Try not to abbreviate words. If you do abbreviate, clearly state what the abbreviations stand for (by telling them or by providing a key)
- Use underlining, highlighting, or capital letters for emphasis. Star any information you think might be important
- Always write down significant information so that it is clear for review
- Write down important deadlines and other announcements; this may be the most crucial part of information that the program team will be need for further action
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- A minimum Diploma certificate is required
- Two years’ work experience in a related field is required.
- Written and spoken fluency in English is required
- Ability to write clearly and legibly and follow routine verbal instructions.
- Excellent documentation and reporting skills are required, especially Knowledge of principles, procedures, and techniques for the taking of competent classroom notes
- Thorough knowledge of spelling, grammar, punctuation, and syntax
- Multi-tasking with positive attitude is required.
- Highly developed verbal communication and interpersonal skills are required
- Flexibility and ability to work in busy environment.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality.
Method of Application
Applicants for this position MUST submit the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 20, 2016:
- A current resume or curriculum vitae (CV) listing all job responsibilities; AND
- A cover letter
Please reference the job title and location on the subject line, your cover letter and resume/CV.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.