Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company (IBEDC) Plc - Headquartered in Ibadan is responsible for electricity distribution within the south western zone (Oyo, Ogun, Osun and kwara as well as some parts of Kogi, Ekiti and Niger states).
We are an organization with a focus on delivering excellent service to the customers and providing customer satisfaction through reliable power distributions.
- To provide solutions when the network, technical equipment/infrastructure breaks down or are no longer functioning efficiently
- Coordinates the activities of the technical crew in carrying out technical operations at the Business Hub to ensure a high degree of reliability/availability of the network (maintenance, refurbishment, modifications; and construction, installations, commissioning, and testing of equipment.
- Ensures all technical equipment is functioning properly within safety margins
- Responds to customer complaints relating to the network / technical aspects - investigates root cause of problems and initiates corrective actions to rectify problems
- Ensures all field activities are carried out according to safety standards
- Escalates equipment conditions or other facility anomalies that could affect electricity supply which cannot be resolved at the Business Hub level
- Prepares reports on technical operations activities as required
- Supervises contractors and ensures that all activities conform to company quality policies and procedures and accepted technical standards.
- Performs on-the-job training for technical crew on the proper use of equipment including accompanying SOPs.
- Maintains up-to-date Asset Registers for the Business Hub.
- Optimal control of power supply to priority customers (Energy Management).
- Deep understanding of principles and practices of power distribution operations
- Good knowledge of methods, materials, practices and equipment generally used in the operation, construction, maintenance, and repair of electricity distribution systems
- Deep understanding of principles of electrical instrumentation and mechanical installation, functions and maintenance
- Deep understanding of principles and practices of safety management
- Good knowledge of technical standards/ regulations and statutory requirements guiding electricity distribution systems
- Good stakeholder management and negotiation skills
- Good report writing and oral communication skills
- Ability to operate/drive motor vehicles/trucks
Qualifications and Requirements
- A first degree / HND in Electrical Engineering
- A post graduate qualification in power systems engineering or management fields is an added advantage
- Possession of certifications in Engineering is required; Membership of a professional body is required e.g. NSE, COREN
- At least 10+ years of varied maintenance and operational experience in the Power or Telecommunications Sector.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a supervisory role
- Driver’s license is required
go to method of application »
- Job Objectives To coordinate / direct the activities of IBEDC’s Business Hub (including undertakings and service centres) to drive financial and operational performance
- Provides general oversight of the Business Hub
- Translates the organisation’s overall business performance goals into specific performance targets for the BH and outlines actions plans:
- Defines KPIs and performance targets
- Develops strategic marketing plans to meet specified revenue targets set by the organisation
- Ensures all new service connections are carried out according to IBEDC meter deployment strategy and approval procedures
- Develops and maintains cordial, professional and mutually beneficial relations with customers by maintaining premier customer service
- Maintains customer satisfaction by driving initiatives to understand customer expectations and developing effective strategies to meet and exceed such expectation
- Ensures BH operations are in compliance with IBEDC’s policies
- Develops budgetary plans for BHs
- Prepares periodic BH operational reports for management
- Creates a harmonious working environment, mentors staff and motivates all team members to perform efficiently
- Acts as a capable representative of the organisation at the business hub level
- Deep knowledge of Utilities Industry
- Strong understanding of the business of IBEDC and related businesses in the electricity sector
- Strategic planning and Business Development (services and products)
- Strong Business & Financial Acumen (including risks management)
- Excellent and demonstrated knowledge of management and marketing principles
- Deep understanding of Marketing & Customer Insights
- Deep Customer Relation Management skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Strong managerial/administrative skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills Ability to effectively and persuasively present information to top management, customers, and employees
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
Qualifications and Requirements
- A Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Business Administration or any related field
- A master’s degree in Business (ideally with a concentration in general management) is required
- Membership of a professional body in the Engineering and Marketing industry is an added advantage
- At least 15 years experience in a high target working environment like utility (electricity) industry or banking, with a minimum of 7 years in a management or supervisory role.
Method of Application
To apply, visit IBEDC Career Page
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale