The Federal Government has applied and obtained Additional Finance from the International Development Association (IDA) towards the Community and Social Development Project (CSDP). The project development objective of CSDP isto increase access by the poor to improved social and natural resource infrastructure services in a sustainable manner through the provision of grant support to communities. It is intended that part of the proceeds of this credit will be applied to eligible expenditure for engagement of staff of the Ebonyi State Community and Social Development Project.
The Ebonyi State Community and Social Development Agency (EBCSDA), established by the State Government to coordinate the implementation of the Project in the State, now invites applications from suitably qualified candidates from the public or private sector for recruitment1into the vacant position below:
- Sensitize and mobilize communities on CSDP Project objectives and activities as well as issues related to HIV/AIDS.
- Facilitate Communities to undertake needs assessment and prioritization that are socially inclusive and environmentally sustainable;
- Facilitate communities in the formulation of Community Development Plan (CDP);
- Build capacity of the Community Project Management Committees (CPMCs) and Local Government Review Committee (LGRC) Desk Officers, as appropriate, through providing training in requisite areas, e.g. Participatory Rural Appraisal (PRA), record and Bookkeeping, Project management, main-streaming gender, environment and natural resources issues etc.
- Supervise the implementation of the CDPs to ensure quality assurance;
- Ensure timely replenishment of accounts by the CPMCs;
- Collect, collate and forward to the M&E Department, information/data on micro-project activities in communities;
- Submission of monthly, quarterly and Annual Departmental reports to M&E Department on schedule through the Operations Manager;
- Set monthly and quarterly performance target based on the work plan;
- Submit regular reports to the Project Officer or relevant section for whose activity they are deployed at any point in time.
- Responsible to Project Officer, supervision.
Qualification and Experience
- A first Degree or HND in Engineering, Social Sciences, Biological and Natural Sciences, Business Administration, Accountancy or related field with at least 3 years post qualification experience in any area.
- Computer literacy and willingness to learn and work extra hours and on weekends is a must.
- Applicants are not expected to be more than 35 years as at the time of recruitment and not above Grade level 9 if recruited from the civil service.
Method of Application
Applicants from public or private sector should submit Ten (10) copies of handwritten application with comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and photocopies of certificates to the address below:
The General Manager,
Ebonyi State Community and Social Development Agency
No.3 Amagu Street
Note: Interested candidates from MDAs are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.