Engineering Vacancy at Owens and Xley
Posted on: 29 June, 2016
Deadline: 10 July, 2016
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at Owens and Xley
Owens and Xley is a business consulting and advisory company. We offer strategic services in the areas of business advisory, business development and planning to small businesses that would otherwise not have access to the technical competencies available to bigger companies.
We know the role good planning plays in any business and its associated costs, and the initial capital challenges faced by small a business, which is why we have developed solutions which ensure that the small business owners still have access to the technical skill but at a fraction of the cost. We aim to help entrepreneurs and small business owners get better business results with less cost.
- A senior electrical engineer is needed for a fast growing engineering technology company in Lagos, Nigeria.
- The company is looking for a tech-savvy individual with 10+ years of relevant professional electrical and technology experience.
Function of the Role
The basic function of this position is to provide electrical engineering support to the company. Specifically the individual will be responsible for:
- Design of electrical equipment, facilities, infrastructure or utility systems for different land uses
- Design, development and specification of components for electrical power distribution systems and utilization systems using relay or Programmable Logic Control (PLC) equipment
- Initiating, developing and executing projects
- Interpreting and coordinating Client’s briefs and assignments
- Identifying potential clients, preparing bids and securing contracts
- Delegating work, training and supervising on less experienced engineers
- Coaching and mentoring other staff
- Performing inspection of facilities and preparing management reports including recommendations
- Contributing to drawing designs
- Trouble shooting and resolving electrical problems
- Supporting mechanical engineers
- Equipment inspection and trouble shooting
- Site visits and construction reports
- HND or BSC in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Electronics, Computer Engineering
- Able to read analyze and interpret engineering drawings
- Proficient in power distribution, Lighting design, fire alarms, security systems and audio-visual communication systems.
- Proficient with SKM and other similar software
- Working knowledge of Revit
- Experience with electrical calculation software such as Visual or AG132
- Knowledge of electrical codes
- Engineering standards
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to prepare management reports and correspondence
- The Senior Electrical Engineer will report to the Managing Director. Engineers will report to the Senior Electrical engineer.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their application letter and CV's to email@example.com
Note: This position is available for immediate hire.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Owens and XleySimilar Jobs
- Interior Architect at PG Consulting Limited
- Jobs at Westfield Consulting Limited
- Financial Accountant & Administrative Officer at Edubridge Consultants Limited
- Latest Job Openings at HReade Limited
- Social Media Marketer at Lorache Group
- Business Development Manager at Smart Partners Consulting Limited
- Fitness Trainers at a Leading Fitness Center - Fosad Consulting
- Community Manager at Myjobmag.com