If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Aeti Power Systems and Controls Limited - Due to the liberalization and expansion of the Power sector and the need to build technical capacity in a rapidly expanding industry, AETI has extended its professional services, Education, Technical training, Consulting, Power projects, Outsourcing and Recruitment to the power sector. It has accordingly, incorporated AETI Power Systems and Controls Limited to undertake these projects.
This transformer technician role requires a highly skilled and self-motivated individual, who is conversant with design, installation and maintenance of power transformers
- Maintain electrical transformer equipment used in electric power generation and distribution.
- Conduct testing, measuring, and analysis of transformer.
- Transformer installation, inspection and maintenance
- Construction of earthing
- Fitteration of transformer oil
- Maintenance of bushing and cable end boxes
- Read blueprints and technical drawings; assemble, maintain, and rewind coils; and perform installations.
- Repairs/replaces worn/defective parts, motors, insulators, control devices, etc.
- Uses a variety of electrician's hand tools, measuring devices, and testing instruments.
- Installs, maintains, and repairs of power transformer with capacities ranging from 2.5mVA – 150mVA.
- Perform the correct operation of transformer oil processing, including vacuum, oil filling, circulating and draining oil-filled transformers. Complete documentation of the process under the direct supervision and instruction of Team Leader or senior team members.
- Capable of interpreting complicated wiring diagrams and schematic drawings.
- Capable of laying out work.
- Ability to interpret industrial electrical wiring and troubleshooting skills
- Good understanding of electrical equipment and circuitry so that you can safely troubleshoot, maintain, and repair high voltage electrical power transformers for generating stations, substations, and other locations.
- Good level skill in one or more of: Distribution, Power and Transmission electrical substation equipment in power ranges of Low Voltage (4160V – 13kV), Medium Voltage (13kV – 69kV) or High Voltage (69kV – 800 kV)
- Must possess the ability to carry out:
- Pressure testing of transformer windings
- Inter-turn ratio
- Short circuit test
- Continuity test
- Excitation test
- Earth resistance test
- Dissolve gas analysis
- Pressure testing of the exploded LV cables
- Knowledge of insulation oil tests i.e.
- Dielectric strength tests
- DGA tests
- Must be a team player with a positive attitude
- Must be willing and able to work regular overtime, including nights, weekends, and some holidays
- Minimum of B.Sc/HND in electrical engineering or relevant course
- Minimum of 5 years working experience as electrical maintenance technician, transformer technician, electrical fitter technician or related position
go to method of application »
The Turbine Technician will perform hands-on field service work on Turbines. The work includes but is not limited to borescope inspections, blade work, combustion, chamber maintenance/hot section replacements, engine swaps, and other types of maintenance tasks on combustion lines, dismantling of fuel airlines, inspection of swillers, turbine casing, nozzle segmentation 1st and 2nd stages and replacement of buckets. Prospective candidates must have had previous proven experience on O&M of turbines.
- Primary job responsibility is performing Gas Turbine and Plant mechanical maintenance.
- Will work as part of a team during, change outs, maintenance, and repair of Gas/Steam
- Use hand tools and small power tools to conduct general maintenance on Gas/Steam Turbines
- Troubleshoot complicated mechanical, hydraulic, and electrical problems on variable pitch, variable speed turbines
- Help in all areas of site as directed by manager or lead supervisor
- Perform all mechanical, hydraulic, and electrical component maintenance, repair or replacement of parts as directed
- Work effectively as part of a team of technicians
- Operate all plant mobile equipment, forklift, man lift, etc
- Perform both routine and non-routine preventive and corrective maintenance on plant equipment.
- Required to be “on call” while off shift to support emergency repair or monitoring as necessary.
- Assist other plant personnel as needed
- Maintain and repair plant mechanical devices.
- Reviews P&I Drawings and mechanical diagrams.
- Communicates condition of plant systems, equipment and pertinent information to others.
- Disassemble and Re assembly of multistage Gas/steam turbines
- Disassembly and reassembly Gas/steam turbine valve racks
- Documentation of inspection and assembly processes
- Process timesheets, expense reports, Health Safety and Environmental (HSE) forms, and job reports in a timely manner
- Comply with all HSE policies and procedures to ensure a safe and productive work site
- Knowledge, Skills And Abilities:
- Sound experience working with Turbine systems
- Working knowledge of combined cycle power plant system, power plant operations, and maintenance, mechanical principles, work practices, procedures and materials.
- Must have a working knowledge and understand the principles of operation and function of boilers, turbines, generator and station auxiliaries.
- Must have a thorough working knowledge of the safe rigging and scaffolding practices and the use of tackle, hoists and ladders used in this work
- Should be competent to plan & execute overhauling & testing of other electrical system (i.e. seal oil, hydrogen system, stator cooling water system etc.) included in LTSA scope.
- Should be competent in understanding & resolving problems encountered during generator / its auxiliary overhauling & testing, operation.
- Should be able to prepare procedure for generator overhauling / testing, test reports.
- Should be able to interpret the generator test / checks results.
- Ability to make maintenance related decisions with minimum direct supervision
- Must demonstrate the ability to maintain harmonious relationship with other employees in the plant.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of B.Sc/HND in electrical engineering and its equivalent
- Minimum 10 years of related experience
- Minimum 10 years of Gas/Steam Turbine Generator work in Power Plant.
Method of Application
Qualified and interested candidates should forward their CVs to email@example.com using the position as the subject title.