ACCA (the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants) is the global body for professional accountants. We are a ‘not for profit’ organisation that offers qualifications and sets examinations to enable individuals to access the accountancy profession. ACCA monitors its accountants in all sectors and in all countries to enable them to reach a high level of competency and experience, creating the best accountants to deliver organisational growth.
ACCA's reputation is grounded in over 100 years of providing accounting and finance qualifications. We complement our long traditions with modern thinking and aim to create value for the profession and the business community through standards and services which are innovative, relevant and of the highest possible quality.
We are currently recruiting for a Business Relationship Manager to join the team in Port Harcourt, Nigeria on a permanent basis.
This is a very exciting opportunity where you will directly impact ACCA's employer strategy in Nigeria through identifying, developing, managing and raising ACCA's profile with employers and members within the key identified sectors in the region. You will be responsible for building relationships with key influencers for the benefit of ACCA's global position, working directly with target employers to develop strong business relationships that deliver growth, extend ACCA's brand reputation within employers and thereby position ACCA as the qualification of choice in Nigeria.
- Contribute to the growth of ACCA in reputation, influence and size through the delivery of ACCA's global employer strategy at the national office level
- Target employers across the various sectors in Nigeria in the corporate, practice and public sectors, encouraging them to recognise and adopt ACCA as a professional accountancy partner of choice
- Establish an effective key account relationship with employers, universities, polytechnics and high schools by clearly identifying what differentiates ACCA from its competitors
- Understand from a business intelligence perspective the businesses of employers and identify key business trends promoting the sector. This would position ACCA as a leader within the accounting, business and finance sector
- Develop strategic partnerships with selected blue chip companies embedding ACCA in their training policies and strategies
- Initiate and maintain relationships with key institutions through face to face visits and other relevant communications channels
- Ensure the appropriate promotion of products and services to employers, ensuring that relevant opportunities for existing members and students are continuously developed and that ACCA grows the number of ACCA members and achieves enhanced reputation and influence
- Ensure that key stakeholders are kept fully informed of ACCA practices and procedures regarding examinations and CPD events for members
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Educated to at least a degree level or equivalent and possibly also possess a relevant post graduate or professional qualification
- Holding a professional accountancy qualification is desirable
- Proven track record of business development and marketing
- Demonstrate experience in business development, marketing, business to business selling. Ideally in a professional service based environment
- Demonstrate experience in accounting and finance related issues
- Demonstrate experience of having dealt with customer complaints and being able to resolve such complaints within a short period
- Demonstrate high level of integrity and accountability
- Excellent strategy execution skills that would ensure the accurate implementation of markets plans and objectives
- Strong business analytical skills to identify, engage and partner with new business prospects that would enhance the ACCA brand and reputation
- Excellent interpersonal skills to be able to work alongside different levels of employee across the organisation
- Highly motivated, proactive and enthusiastic to have the discipline to work on their own initiative
- Excellent time management skills to deliver to strict deadlines
- May involve flexible working hours or overtime (including occasional weekends) depending on activities undertaken
- Travel across Nigeria is required including overnight stay away from home
- Fluent spoken and written English
Close Date: 9am Monday 4th July 2016
Method of Application
Interested candidates should go to ACCA career page to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale