Job Vacancy at FUGRO
Posted on: 16 June, 2016
Deadline: 30 June, 2016
View Jobs in Engineering / Technical
View All Jobs at Fugro Worldwide
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Fugro collects and interprets data related to the earth's surface and the soils and rocks beneath and provides advice, for purposes related to the oil and gas industry, the mining industry and the construction industry. Fugro operates around the world at sea, on land and from the air, using professional, highly-specialized staff and advanced technologies and systems.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
- The Technical and Training Manager supervises and guides all activities related to operational personnel and equipment ensuring optimal personnel development and functional technical resources and to ensure that these resources can meet future requirements.
- Responsible for ensuring that the methods and technologies used in operations conducted by the Company permit field staff to provide effective services to clients.
- This involves training of field staff, technical support, liaison with suppliers to ensure that technology continues to address operational requirements, and the introduction of new technology.
- In addition the Technical Manager is responsible for quality control of reports.
Roles And Responsibilities
- Ensure operational resources are set up to meet medium to long term strategy.
- Responsible for optimal development of Offshore Personnel and responsible for Staff Development Officers.
- Ensure projects are provided with latest technology and facilitate development of new capabilities and technology.
- Ensure that the Commercial Department is kept up-to-date with the range of technology and operational techniques available.
- Ensure continuous development and implementation of lessons learnt.
- Responsible for all technical support.
- Ensure that workshop and training facilities are optimally set up to meet current and future project requirements.
- Stimulate and motivate compliance with and participation in Company QA/HSE standards by setting a professional example in QA/HSE and by recommending improvements of the QA/HSE system.
- To undertake any other duties as appropriate within their competence as required by the General Manager.
- Advise General Manager on training needs for staff.
- Create and implement training plans for staff development of offshore personnel.
- Implement QA/QC procedures for all projects in liaison with Departmental Managers.
- Support Operations department in all technical and staff requirements.
- Co-ordinate, direct and supervise Hardware and Software support operations.
- Assist operations in the preparation of technical procedures and quality assurance documentation for new projects.
- Ensure that field staff are confident in new operational techniques of survey systems, organising and / or conducting training courses or giving field support as required.
- Assist and give specific technical support in mobilisation of projects in all area's of operation.
- Ensure that support for operational problems experienced in the field is available at all times with the quickest response possible.
- Establish procedures for the control of technology supplied to field projects.
- Support processing / drafting with workstation software customisation, software installation and maintenance.
- Maintain control over issued software and security devices.
- Implement QC procedures for works.
- Responsible for overall quality control of final reports.
- Outline investment requirements for the department with General Manager.
- Assist in monthly, quarterly reports and annual budgeting forecast review.
- Provide input for weekly, monthly and quarterly reports.
- Ensure monthly project summary reports are received timely.
- Assist with the technical content of proposals.
- Advise General Manager on personnel requirements and set out job specifications.
- Evaluate performance of assigned staff annually.
- Advise General Manager on performance standards of assigned staff.
- Approve work reports of all staff under his supervision.
- Responsible for interview of field staff.
- Plan provision of training for staff.
- Provide personnel roster and update on a monthly basis.
- Ensure resource movements are properly accounted for in designated systems.
- Establish and maintain Company Management System for control of hardware and software systems.
- Liaise with Operations Manager to prepare for future operational requirements.
- Maintain survey information and field data filing system and database
- Provide weekly, monthly and quarterly operations report timely.
Specific Additional Duties
- Responsible for software customisation, software installation and maintenance for all office computer systems.
- Actively participate in adherence to and improvement of the Company Management System on Quality and HSE related issues.
- Provide Departmental Goals based on Company Goals.
- Implementation of Company Policy and Company and Departmental Goals.
- Identify HSE training needs and set up training plan.
- Stimulate the reporting of accidents / incidents.
- Ensure action is taken on reported accidents / incidents.
- If conditions are unsafe liaise with General Manager on suspending project activities.
- Ensure monthly toolbox meetings for departmental staff.
Principal Working Relationship:
- Work with inter departmental Managers for efficient execution of projects and co-ordinate activities between them and other departments.
- Work with General Manager and Accounts Manager for financial and administrative control of operations.
- Liaise with the Operations Manager, in all matters relating offshore staff and survey equipment and on data quality and report content.
- Work with Workshop/Logistics Co-coordinator on the subject of repair of in-house equipment and on the implementation of procedures for new equipment.
- Liaise with Operations/Project Manager(s) on ongoing projects.
- Meeting with assigned staff on a regular basis as well as on a project basis.
- M.Sc. / B.Sc. / Bac +2 level in Surveying or Engineering or equivalent.
- Min. 3 years experience in (project) management.
- Basic accounting principles.
- Conversant with equipment / software in use.
- English language.
- Residing in Lagos or willing to relocate.
Method of Application
To apply, visit Fugro Career Page
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Fugro WorldwideSimilar Jobs
- Logistics Supervisor at O.K. Isokariari & Sons Nigeria Limited
- Facilitator for Power at AETI Power Systems and Controls Limited
- Jobs at Adfoldam Nigeria Enterprise Limited
- Latest Vacancies at Leventis Motors Limited
- Project Manager at Subsea 7
- Latest Vacancies at Stag Engineering Nigeria Limited
- Hydraulic Infrastructure Engineer at O.K. ISOKARIARI & Sons (NIGERIA) Limited
- Lead Pipeline Engineer at Penspen