Mobilising for Development (M4D) is a six-year DFID Nigeria funded Local Governance programme currently being implemented in 9 focal LGAs across 3 northern Nigeria states of Jigawa, Kaduna and Kano, The programmes expected outcome is: 'Policy makers and service providers are more responsive and accountable to citizens' better articulated demands and entitlements, especially adolescent girls (AG) and people with disability (PWD). The programme works on both demand and supply-side governance reform: on the demand-side, it aims to strengthen citizens capacity to influence development, while on the supply-side, it aims to support LGAs' ability to respond to citizens' demand, whether it is in the form of responding to policy changes or request for improved service delivery, suitable, qualified and candidate experienced candidate to fill the position of Local Governance Coordinator (LGC)for Kano State.
- Reporting to the State Programme Manager (and based in Kaduna), the LGC will provide the key interface and support for the programme at local level. Working across the three focal Local Governments, the role will assist in:
- Supporting the State Programme Manager (SPM) to deliver all the programme's outputs towards accomplishing the programme's outcome in all the 3 focal LGAs in the state.
- Strengthening communities, CBOs and excluded groups to engage with service providers and policy makers for improved service delivery and accountability
- Supporting local policy makers and service providers to enhance their capacity to deliver services effectively and be more accountable to citizens.
- Supporting the SPM in engaging with other initiatives in the state - such as the DFID funded State Level Programmes (SLPs) and other appropriate State Government initiatives.
- Supervising, supporting and mentoring Community Development and Outreach Officers (CDOOs) based in each focal local government area - experience of managing others is required
- Working with programme's crosscutters in delivering the programme's outputs towards achieve the programme's mission in the focal LGAs and in the state.
- Providing technical support to partner CBOs and LGAs in qualifying for M4D grants and effectively and efficiently implementing the grants awards.
- Contributing to periodic programme's quarterly, annual and end-of programme reports.
- Performing any other function as may be assigned by his/her SPM.
- The candidate will have a strong grasp of development processes, research and data gathering competencies as well as a good Understanding of inequality and social exclusion as well as an ability to contribute to monitoring and evaluation.
- The successful applicants will be educated to Degree level in a relevant discipline and have at least Three(3) years post- graduation experience.
- The candidate should have strong networking skills, very good report-writing skills, and excellent written and spoken English skills and be very proficient in Hausa language as well.
- S/he will demonstrate a good understanding of local governance and working at the Local Government level Based in Kaduna, the roles will travel frequently to the LGAs, especially the focal LGAs and also outside the state as necessary.
Method of Application
Applicants should address their Application (stating clearly the position applied for) with a Cover letter, a two-page capability statement (addressing the criteria set out above) and an up-to-date CV to the Team Leader, M4D via email to: email@example.com
- Only shortlisted candidates will be communicated with.
- Interviews will be conducted the same week with successful candidates assuming their roles as soon as possible thereafter.
- Given M4D's focus on marginalized groups, applications from Women and people living with disabilities are especially encouraged.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.