Oracle provides the world's most complete, open, and integrated business software and hardware systems, with more than 370,000 customers including 100 of the Fortune 100 representing a variety of sizes and industries in more than 145 countries around the globe.
- This position will drive a fully integrated communications agenda around Oracle’s products & services in the SaaS space to build, promote and protect Oracle’s brand and reputation across Africa.
- Tightly linked with Sales and Field Marketing, the role will create, integrate and execute communications programs to support the business and provide strategic communications counsel in delivering consistency of communication.
- As a key role within Oracle EMEA Corporate Communications this position will report directly to the Corporate Communications Manager for South Africa and the African Operations and become a member of the EMEA PR Council.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Set the communications strategy and focus on Oracle’s business priorities for the CFO, CHRO and CMO audiences to establish Oracle as the global market leader in the Cloud, specifically within Software as a Service (Applications) in the region
- Develop and execute integrated PR campaigns that tell the Oracle story to these specific audiences in a compelling way-focusing on customers, partners and influencers.
- Drive measurable collaboration across Corporate Communications, Sales, Field and Brand Communications to ensure key communications plans, narratives and content deliverables are used to maximum effect
- Assess and deliver robust multi-channel media and social customer engagement programs with a focus on content, placement, engagement and value.
- Identify, build and shape interactions with Influencer communities (media, bloggers, customers and partners) by surrounding them with a dynamic flow of news, opinion, commentary and expertise.
- Identify and work closely with spokespeople and luminaries
- Assist in crisis management and response plans for Oracle’s communications on issues originating from Oracle’s Products & Services portfolio
Requirements/Skills & Competencies
- This role must be filled by an outstanding professional, passionate about communications with a zealous interest in learning and delivering results, with minimum 5 years current experience working with technology from a business perspective.
- He or she will have excellent strategic planning skills, a solid understanding of the B2B technology industry and proven corporate communications and social media expertise.
- Experience of working within a global enterprise and counselling senior management in a dynamic environment are essentials and a high degree of personal initiative, collaboration and written communication skills are absolutes.
- The successful candidate will have a deep understanding of how technology is shaping and advancing the everyday lives of individuals as well as organisations - and demonstrated skills in applying that understanding to successful communications.
- He/She should have suitable knowledge and experience working in Africa.
- A University degree is expected and the ability to travel will be required.
To apply, visit Oracle Career Page
Oracle Communications Global Business Unit
- Oracle has an outstanding track record for delivering business value in the communications industry.
- Oracle offers packaged software solutions that deliver end-to-end support for the key business processes for communications companies, from service creation, offer management, and order orchestration, through provisioning and service delivery, to billing, revenue assurance, and reporting.
- Oracle Communications enables trusted, first-class delivery of next-generation voice, data and unified communications services and applications across IP networks for service providers and enterprises.
- The company's solutions are deployed by more than 1,900 service providers and enterprises globally, including 89 of the world's top 100 communications companies.
- Oracle plans to make the networking offering a core offering in its Oracle Communications portfolio to enable customers to more rapidly innovate while simplifying their IT and network infrastructures. Oracle anticipates enterprise customers will be able to more effectively engage customers, deliver more innovative applications, and improve employee productivity.
- The Regional Sales Manager will be responsible for sales and the development and growth of Enterprise business based on the Oracle Communications networks product portfolio in North and West Africa
- Responsible for the sale of the Company's products by actively creating and developing new Enterprise sales opportunities and managing and growing existing Enterprise customer relationships
- Development of target accounts sales strategies through direct touch as well as through Channel Partners and Distribution.
- Development of executive relationships at the target Enterprise accounts
- Build the business case for the adoption of the Company's value proposition with the target customers
- Work closely with other internal functions such as Marketing, Sales Engineering, and Engineering to address the complex solutions to meet the customer needs
- Conduct sales presentations, workshops and prepare proposals for customers
- Meet or exceed quarterly and annual revenue quotas
- Follow and comply with Oracle processes for conducting business by adhering to Oracle polices, reporting procedures.
- Be high-energy driven and self-motivated
- Demonstrated track record of success in selling Business Communications solutions in North and West Africa region
- 8+ years of sales experience in telecommunications, preferably selling IP, VOIP, Unified Communications, IMS or NGN solutions to large Enterprise customers
- Good network of contacts in Enterprise customers across the region
- Strong knowledge of the business communication industry and associated companies
- Sales “hunter” that will build a substantial sales pipeline. Demonstrable success in prospecting for new opportunities independent of marketing.
- Experience in channel sales and strategic partnerships
- Demonstrate a complete understanding of competitors’ strategies/actions and develops counter-strategies to ensure Oracle’s success
- Deep experience with a consultative sales approach including preparing and presenting proposals for complex system solutions
- Proven and consistent success in exceeding quarterly sales targets
- Outstanding teaming skills and ability to coordinate and identify resources from various teams
- Able to work with and influence senior executives, CIO, CTO, Chief Architects etc.
- BS/BA preferred.
To apply, visit Oracle Career Page
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.