Headquartered in Basel, Switzerland, Roche is a leader in research-focused healthcare with combined strengths in pharmaceuticals and diagnostics. Roche is the world’s largest biotech company, with medicines in oncology, immunology, infectious diseases, ophthalmology and neuroscience. Roche is also the world leader in in vitro diagnostics and tissue-based cancer diagnostics, and a frontrunner in diabetes management. Roche’s personalised healthcare strategy aims at providing medicines and diagnostics that enable tangible improvements in the health, quality of life and survival of patients. Founded in 1896, Roche has been making important contributions to global health for more than a century.
As Regional Head: Eastern Nigeria, you will lead and manage the East Region with full sales and expense responsibility, you will also:
- Develop and deliver Regional business plans in conjunction with the sales representative in order to ensure optimum performance, achievement of set targets and ROI
- Grow the Region’s business in relation to competing effectively, increasing market share, consolidating business profit, and maintaining a high level of management quality
- Provide input to the definition of the business plans for specific business area, ensuring that sales plans and objectives are aligned
- Identify new possible clients as well as opportunities within existing clients to further grow the business
- Ensure effective and professional service delivery (Key Account Management, after-sales follow-up etc.) in line with the set Roche business principles to all customers on an ongoing basis
- Monitor and manage the allocated Sales Representatives’ territory knowledge and understanding, ensuring efficient time management;
- Ensure that user and promotional forums (such as workshops, round tables, CME, sponsored meetings, congresses etc.) are planned and facilitated to showcase and market Roche services and products;
- Monitor market and customer movements, maintaining awareness and reacting effectively and proactively to these changes through application of market intelligence and alignment of our sales strategy;
- Maintain and build internal relationships in order to ensure a strong network and support structure to facilitate the Region’s initiatives.
Who you are
- You’re someone who wants to influence your own development.
- You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
- A Degree in Health Sciences (e.g. B Pharm / BSc) or equivalent qualification;
- Minimum 4-6 years’ experience in a Pharmaceutical environment as Product/Sales Manager
- Exposure to Product or Sales Management desirable
- Good knowledge of Roche disease areas and a proven record of consistent successful sales achievement
- Excellent communication, negotiations and persuasive skills and demonstration of inter-cultural adaptability and sensitivity;
- Good interpersonal skills and self motivated with a demonstration of initiative;
- Ability to develop good relationships with key stakeholders in the health sector
- The successful candidate must be fluent in English
- Must be able to travel with a valid driver's license
Who we are
At Roche, 91,700 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
- Location Nigeria
- Function Sales & Marketing
- Subfunction Sales Force
- Schedule Full-time
- Job level Manager with Direct Reports
- Job type Regular Employee
- Division Roche Pharmaceuticals
- Date 2016/04/19
- Job-ID 00447463
Method of Application
Interested applicants should apply online on Roche website
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.