Job Vacancy at Norwegian Refugee Council
Posted on: 14 May, 2016
Deadline: 26 May, 2016
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View Jobs posted same day
We are looking for a Logistics Manager in our newly started country programme in Nigeria.
The purpose of the Logistics Manager is to develop logistics strategies, policies and procedures for the country office to provide maximum support programme implementation.
- Ensure that country set up comply with Logistical Handbook, NRC policies and donor requirements
- Review and strengthen Logistics and ICT structure and ensuring that there is clear segregation of roles and responsibilities.
- Develop logistical aspects of the Country Programme emergency preparedness plan
- Management and Capacity building of staff
- Minimum 3 years of experience from working as a Senior Logistics Manager in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Degree in Supply Chain and Purchasing
- Certification in Humanitarian Logistics will be an added advantage
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Knowledge of the context in North East Nigeria
- Experience with start-up
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Managing performance and development
- Initiating action and change
- Handling insecure environments
- All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
- Commencement: June 2016
- Contract period: 12 months
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s International general directions and free housing of moderate standard.
- Duty station: Abuja, with extensive travels to Maiduguri. Abuja is a non family duty station,
Method of Application
Interested in this position, apply online
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Similar Jobs
- Women Center Facilitators at International Medical Corps (IMC)
- Communication Technician II at the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)
- Project Director at FHI 360
- Graduate Admin/Human Resource Assistant at the International Rescue Committee (IRC)
- Deputy Human Resources Coordinator at the Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA)
- Job Vacancies at The Management Sciences for Health (MSH)
- Nutrition Manager at COOPI - Cooperazione Internazionale
- Administration Officer, (Guesthouse Manager) NOA at The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP)