GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
- The EHS Operations manager will provide support to Operations across SSA, both GE manufacturing facilities in the region including EHS support of the construction projects for future manufacturing sites and also support of the distributed work/service activities in the region. Implementation of GE programs related to EHS Framework, HOP integration and principles, SRG adherence, & other programs which cross multiple EHS disciplines.
- EHS operations support;
- Liaises with SMEs in Europe and MENAT;
- Identification and mitigation of EHS risks presented by operations;
- Has access to EHS regulatory requirements in every country where GE operates within the region;
- Works with EHS training team to ensure appropriate training is available for operational employees
- Maintains relationships with regional health & safety and environmental regulatory bodies;
- Masters and drives regional excellence in GE EHS programs including Framework 2.0 and HOP;
- Represents GE regional customer and EHS forums as appropriate;
- Coordinate regional best practice sharing.
- Ensure EHS compliance throughout the region
- Support fixed facilities, service operations, offices and other GE entities.
- Bachelor's Degree in an EHS-related discipline or with extended studies in an EHS-related discipline, from an accredited college or university;
- 7 + years overseeing the execution of EHS programs;
- Construction project management experience
- Willing to travel up to 50% of the time
- A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required (please indicate clearly on your resume)
- Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in Nigeria
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Demonstrated ability to work and communicate with GE's external commercial customers;
- Extensive experience with regional EHS regulatory obligations;
- Risk recognition ability
- Strong understanding of legal requirements associated with EHS issues;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to manage/coordinate broad spectrum of initiatives simultaneously;
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to work in different countries/cultures
- Knowledge of GE's EHS programs and policies;
- Relationships across GE subsidiaries and businesses;
Method of Application
To apply, visit GE Career Page