Citibank Nigeria Limited, the leading global financial services company, provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services.
The Securities Country Manager is responsible for the achievement of financial performance targets of Product in the country. Is expected to be the senior DCC spokesperson for market regulators, operators, customers and Citi Management. The securities product offering in the country has to be competitive in features and functions, service quality and aligned with local, regional and global business priorities.
- Direct Custody and Clearing (DCC) is a department within the Markets & Securities Services business of Citi’s Institutional clients Group that provides securities clearing, settlement, custody and asset servicing to global financial institutions in over 60 securities markets across Asia, EMEA and the Americas.
- Critical in driving the DCC strategy and supporting its growth in Nigeria
- Maintain a mastery of the local securities market rules, regulations and conditions to support, advance and promote securities services business in Nigeria.
- Maintain a good knowledge of the evolving revenue and expense drivers affecting the financial performance of the business. Establish annual financial targets with the agreement of senior country and regional management.
- Monitor volume, revenue, and expenses trends. Take action to meet financial targets.
- Seek opportunities to increase revenue and reduce expenses through quality and efficiency improvements. Lead product development and expense control efforts, obtaining support from regional and global business partners as required.
- Identify inflow prospects to take away from the competition. Communicate opportunity to sales account managers and support sales process by:
- Articulating and documenting (e.g. in RFP) DCC product and service superiority versus the competition.
- Hosting site visits by prospects.
- Participating in the Pipeline and Deal Review processes applicable to the product or the region. Liaise with Operations Manager to ensure potential capacity problems are addressed.
- Establish objectives with Operations to eliminate root cause of service issues and frequent customer inquiries. Work with regional management on required product improvements if appropriate.
- Lead retention effort on customers at risk by identifying solutions with Account Manager and Operations Manager; ensure follow up and follow through.
- Manage market crisis situations and service disruptions to ensure superior communication to customers.
- Participate in customer satisfaction survey processes and take follow up actions to improve the level of customer satisfaction and survey results.
- Maintain a good understanding of evolving and changing customer needs and customer perception of quality.
- Monitor DCC standard quality metrics and establish improvement targets with Operations Manager. Set country-specific quality metrics with Operations Manager if appropriate.
- Participate in global and regional processes to communicate quality initiatives and results to customers.
- Maintain a good knowledge of the competition’s product features and functions, key success factors, and pricing. Communicate knowledge to regional and global product management. Participate in global product pricing reviews.
- Maintain a close relationship with market regulators and operators; play a leadership role in local custodian associations and industry groups. Monitor changes and developments which have an impact on DCC business, work with Operations Manager on impact and response, and if required take action to influence a positive outcome. Use such knowledge and activities to reinforce DCC’s local market expertise among customers and prospects via superior communication.
- Identify opportunities to introduce new products or improve product features and functions. Work with regional product management on business justifications, planning and implementation to ensure compliance with global policies and processes, and alignment of priorities. Work with Operations Manager to ensure timely implementation.
- Identify, recruit, coach, manage and retain top quality talent to support the DCC business in the country.
- Ensure staff know their roles and responsibilities. Set and manage objectives and goals for individuals that are in alignment with the country plan and Market Management model.
- Integrate country staff and lead their participation in global and regional processes as part of the DCC global team.
Risk and Control
- Maintain a current knowledge of the requirements of Citigroup and DCC risk management, control, and product policies and processes. Ensure compliance with policies and timely completion of processes.
- Alert senior management of events which may create or increase risk (such as risk to franchise, reputation, revenues, expenses, operations, personnel), and participate in risk control and mitigation efforts.
- Ensure satisfactory audit results for the front office, and assist Operations Manager as required to obtain satisfactory results for the back office.
Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Capital Markets experience
- Familiarity with Tax and Capital Markets Laws
- Portfolio investment activities in country
- Relationship Management
- Ability to represent Citigroup and clients in related Industry conferences and platforms.
- Advance level English both written and verbal.
- A BSc / BA degree.
- A postgraduate degree will be an added advantage.
- Recognized professional certification
- Minimum of 15 years post qualification experience with a minimum of 10 years in Banking.
- P&L and budgeting experience
- Knowledge of Local Capital Markets and portfolio investment activities.
- Management / Leadership
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Highly motivated
- People Management
- Project management
Method of Application
Interested in this position, apply here