JD FOR Business Development Manager
Works to improve Certa’s market position and achieve financial growth. This person defines long-term organizational strategic goals, builds key customer relationships, identifies business opportunities, negotiates and closes business deals and maintains extensive knowledge of current market conditions. The business development manager will work in a senior position within the company.
It is his/her job to work with the internal team, marketing staff, and other managers to drive placement opportunities and thereby maximize revenue for the company.
He/She will find potential new clients, present to them, ultimately convert them into clients, and continue to grow business in the future. He/she will also help manage existing clients and ensure they stay satisfied and positive.
- The primary role is to prospect for new clients by networking, advertising or other means of generating interest from potential clients. He/she is required to plan persuasive approaches and pitches that will convince potential clients to do business with the company. He/she must develop a good rapport with new clients and set targets for placements.
- He/She is also required to recruit and create accounts by presenting customized solutions and services to clients.
- To evaluate continually and redesign where appropriate all aspects of the placement and marketing program with the goal of maintaining a capacity sign on of clients and a wait-list of clients which consist of at least 10% of the maximum placement staff size for each period.
- He/she will manage the activities of office and admin staff.
- Strategic planning is a key part of this job description, since it is the business manager’s responsibility to develop the pipeline of new business coming in to the company.
Main duties are as follows:
New Business Development
- Prospect for potential new clients and turn this into increased business.
- Research and build relationships with new clients.
- Set up meetings between client and company’s executive team
- Plan approaches and pitches. * Work with team to develop proposals that speaks to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
- Participate in pricing the solution/service.
- Handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion. * Use a variety of styles to persuade or negotiate appropriately.
- Present an image that mirrors that of the client.
- Present new services and enhance existing relationships.
- Work with placed staff and other internal colleagues to meet client’s needs.
- Arrange and participate in internal and external client debriefs.
Business Development Planning
- Present to and consult with senior level management on business trends with a view to developing new services, products, and channels.
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and channels that will lead to an increase in placement.
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators together with top management team.
Management and Research
- Submit weekly progress reports and ensure data and info are accurate.
- Forecast targets and ensure they are met.
- Ensure all team members represent the company in the best light.
- Research and develop a thorough understanding of the placement office’s people and capabilities.
- Understand the company’s goal and purpose so that will continual to enhance the company’s performance.