Guinness Nigeria (GN) Plc is a major market for Diageo and No 1 in the World for Guinness FES. GN is also the leading African Market for Malta Guinness and Harp Lager Beer. With three (3) breweries in Nigeria, Guinness Nigeria has huge growth ambitions and a key contributor to the success is an effective and flexible field sales force demonstrating industry leadership in both volume driving & brand building activities.
To deliver its F13 target and beyond, dedicated and focused resources are required to work with divisional Sales teams in order to develop and enhance the skills and capabilities required by every member of the sales division.
Job Title: Divisional Sales Capability Manager – Benin, Lagos & Jos
Level: Level 5 (M2 Benefit)
Reports To: National Sales Capability Manager
Role holder is responsible for managing training budget for assigned division in conjunction with National Sales Capability Manager.
b) Market Complexity:
The Nigerian drinks market is relatively unsophisticated, but highly dynamic with 90% and 10% of Beer volume sold on trade and off trade respectively. Delivery of products is via distributors, wholesalers and a growing list of multiple retailers who also sell competitor brands. The market has experienced new entrants into the drinks market including significant competitor brands in other markets.
c) Leadership and Functional Responsibilities
This role will work closely with the Area Sales Managers, Divisional Sales Managers and the in-market sales capability teams to ensure we are fully embedding our Standards of Excellence and core Diageo way of selling capabilities with our sales team.
Purpose of Role:
To guarantee that Guinness Nigeria has a commercially strong sales team in assigned division; helping the company deliver its Sales targets and growth ambitions. Role is based in a division and minimum of 75% of time expected in Trade.
- Delivers Classroom and In Field Training programs to calibrate performance for division
- Develops divisional training plans based on training needs analysis in conjunction with National Sales Capability Manager and Human Resources
- Develops and implements programmes aimed at developing and enhancing selling and commercial capabilities of the Divisional sales teams
- Ensures that new and existing Diageo Way of Selling (DWS) skills and other capabilities are successfully trained and coached to high standards
- Acts as a role model for DWS and other capabilities
- Assists in delivering internal and external training programmes for the Sales division
- Ensures that Sales Automation (Intouch) is fully embedded within the division, and that all users have the capabilities required to fully utilize the system
- Develops and manages an Intouch sustainability plan for the division, building a program of continued development and refresher training for all users
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Graduate caliber with 5 to 7 years successful commercial sales experience in a multinational company within the FMCG /Drinks industry
- Minimum of 2 years Managerial experience in Retail Sales and/or Distributor Management
- Experience is a training/skills development role is an added advantage
- Strong influencing and people leadership skills
- Ability to inspire others and coach a High Performance team
- Excellent Communication, Presentation and Report Writing Skills
- Problem solving, detail orientation and ability to learn fast
- Time management and Organisational Skills
- Good analytic and evaluation skills
Barriers to Success in Role
- Lack of ability to train
- Inability to adopt and deploy a range of influencing styles
- Low resilience and inability to operate successfully within a fast moving environment
- Inability to strike the right balance to align national, divisional and local requirements
- Inability to spend sufficient time in Trade
Deadline: 13th September, 2012