Resource Intermediaries Limited is a company registered in Nigeria to engage in outsourcing services. The conceptual definition of the company is "easing business burdens", which is the fundamental reason for our existence. In living this definition, we focus on three key areas; Human Resource Recruitment & Management, Janitorial Services and Business Support Services (Legal and Company Secretarial Services, Information Technology and Finance & Accounting).
- The ideal candidate is to solve problems, assess situations and apply solutions using their knowledge of telecommunications.
- The person should understand how telecommunications systems - including voice, data, radio, fiber optics and waves - work and are equipped to handle disruptions of service and come up with solutions to deal with problems as they may arisen
- Must be able to design and create telecommunications systems.
- The position provides subject matter expert input with respect to the development and delivery of new Field Telecom infrastructure for Capital Projects and non-Capital projects.
- Principal Accountabilities Field Telecom Project Engineer:
- Translate business requirements into technical solutions that meet business requirements.
- Design and Plan Telecom solutions by developing technical and functional specifications for tender input and evaluate vendor bids.
- Specify Acceptance Test and Acceptance Criteria to ensure supplier deliverables are in line with business requirements.
- Support Transition to Support activities and ensure that gaps identified have return to green plans for closure.
- Participate in issue escalation processes as required by the project team.
- Ensuring that Health, Safety, Security, Environment and IRM requirements are included in supplier contracts.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
- Minimum of Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Telecommunications or equivalent work experience.
- Telecoms Industry knowledge with experience in Networks, Communications, Testing and Commissioning especially non-traditional telecoms.
- Project Management certification like PMP, PMI, Prince2 is preferred.
- Upstream / Downstream IT infrastructure and telecom solutions (eg. Process Control/SCADA).
- Regulatory environment; industry and technical standards.
- Contracting & procurement processes in Projects (prequalification, invitation to tender and award stages).
- Project Delivery methodology for managing Capital Projects in Oil and Gas (eg. Opportunity Realization Process (ORP), DCAF process and Project Standards).
- Service Management processes (Support Models, Service Level Management, Contract Management and Supplier Management).
- Consistently delivers results in a matrix, global virtualized organization
- Proven delivery track record
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
- A high degree of technical network knowledge on traditional (IP) networks and systems as well as non-traditional telecom solutions such as Satellite, Optical/Radio links, Wireless Canopy, Radio (DMR/Tetra), Microwave, Fiber Optics, Marine and Aeronautical, Sub-marine Fiber and Access Security/CCTV.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience designing and engineering telecom systems in previous roles, including experience in managing telecom requirements (design and operational) for local site facilities like towers/power/cooling/buried and aerial cable installation.
- Experience in keeping technical oversight in Operations or Projects in previous roles, eg. IT project manager, telecoms discipline / design engineer, infrastructure / telecoms lead in a Capital Project in Oil and Gas is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of project delivery for Oil and Gas and their assurance processes.
- Understanding of general engineering and standards for telecom systems in Oil and Gas industry.
go to method of application »
- Responsible for procurement of goods and services, inventory management and vendor relationship management.
- Development of procurement guidelines
- Ensure that all necessary materials are available in good time for use in the production process (e.g. ingredients, bags, containers etc)
- Work with Production Manager to develop material requirement forecasts based on production schedules
- Manage the procurement process from requisition to payment
- Establish and maintain positive and productive vendor relationships
- Negotiate favorable terms and price/volume discounts with vendors
- Perform stock takes/counts as and when required and communicate with the Production Manager regarding any items which are nearing their minimum stock levels.
- Perform daily inventory reconciliation, weekly inventory count and inventory monthly report
- Oversees and administers the operations of a store. Receives, identifies and verifies goods.
- Maintains inventory. Uses inventory management software. Prepares purchase requisitions for the replacement of stock.
- Makes claims with suppliers/transporters if delivered materials have been damaged.
- Maintains files appropriate to the activities of the unit, such as Invoices, Receipts, Job order form, Material Requisition Note, Purchase Requisition Note etc.
- Communicates with others in order to receive or transmit information.
- Check inventory records for accuracy
- Handles and store's inventory or special products that require some knowledge of spontaneous combustion, toxicity, fragility, rapid deterioration, contamination, etc.
- According to requirements and established procedures, arranges stock. In case of emergency or in order to replace outdated material, suggests substitutes available in the store.
- Bachelor's degree or HND
- 3 years in procurement and/or inventory management
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Strong computer skills
- Frequency of material shortages
- Negotiated vendor savings
- Inventory leakage
- Checking and controlling of left over goods
- Customer satisfaction
go to method of application »
- Candidate must have SSCE Certificate/OND/HNDqualification
Requirements and Specifications
- Smart and result-oriented
- Very articulate with good command of both written and spoken English language
- Go-getter and target driven
- Must be very confident with good interpersonal relationship skills
- Relevant experience in the food industry is desirable
Method of Application
To apply, visit RIL Career Page