Be part of a high-functioning team where your work matters. Make a difference and join our mission. As most start-ups, we operate at lightning speed, and if you embrace it, you'll be challenged every day. Position will report directly to the Finance Manager. The Financial Analyst will be assigned to all business areas as required to develop, prepare, and distribute financial information (including budgeting and financial reporting processes) and other quantitative metrics essential to strategic planning and modeling. Andela recently closed its third round (Series A) financing led by top VC firm and is well-capitalized. Read more at andela.com.
- Prepare and manage budget and forecasts for business units
- Update detailed operating and projections/financial models, working closely with multiple departments
- Analyze and monitor financial and operational performance. Prepare monthly financial reports and variance analyses (actuals versus budgeted/forecasted). Review with management and department leads.
- Assist with monthly closes and coordinate with Accounting to ensure accurate financial results and reporting
- Identify trends and issues and address problems to ensure quality financial results
- Assist in corporate finance and business development work. Perform quantitative analyses to help evaluate and implement strategic options.
- Develop KPIs and new measurements and metrics to assess business performance. Track them.
- Drive financial considerations in decision-making framework to improve business profitability and capital efficiency
- Prepare presentations for management and participate in ad hoc projects as needed
- BA/BS required; major in accounting, finance, or business/economics preferred
- 2+ years minimum experience in investment banking or corporate finance
- Excellent financial management and analytical skills, with deep demonstrated understanding of financial modeling and analysis tools
- Must be data-driven and take initiative in developing new measurements and metrics
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Ability to delve into the detail as well as take a higher-level view
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects while working as part of an inter-departmental team in a fast-paced environment
- Highly proficient in Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint and Word)
- Ready to embrace start-up pace with a good sense of humor
- Passion to help transform the world