For 35 years, in 100 countries, IntraHealth International has empowered health workers to better serve communities in need. IntraHealth fosters local solutions to health care challenges by improving health worker performance, strengthening health systems, harnessing technology, and leveraging partnerships.
As a global champion for health workers, IntraHealth International advocates for the role of the health worker as critical in saving lives and helping the world to achieve the Millennium Development Goals. We partner with governments, NGOs, the private sector, and other organizations to foster policies that empower health workers to better serve communities in need.
- The Human Resources Officer is responsible for providing general day-to-day HR services and activities across CapacityPlus Nigeria office in the various human resources functions which include recruitment, staffing, employee benefits, engagement, performance monitoring, employee counseling, training and development and other administration for employees.
- He/She is responsible for ensuring that HR activities and operations are in compliance with legal and legislative requirements and in accordance with IntraHealth’s policies and procedures.
- He/She will report directly to the Nigeria Country Office Senior Operations Manager and will closely work with the Human Resources Business Partner for West Africa as it relates to HR programs, policies and strategic guidance for the field.
- Recruiting staff in line with organizational requirements which includes developing and updating job descriptions/job profiles, providing support in preparing advertisements, screening application forms, short-listing the candidates, interviewing and selecting them, documentation of the hiring process of all new employees, preparing employment contracts for new employees, revising/updating employment letters for existing employees, planning and delivering training occasionally, including induction programs for new hires, Health and Safety training records for employee
- Overseeing employment termination, resignation processes and documentations.
- Undertaking usual salary reviews, negotiating on issues regarding pay and conditions with staff and representatives. This includes working closely with HR Business Partner to ensure that all local support and data needed are available and shared for local salary and benefits surveys
- Managing and maintaining up to date employment contracts, personnel files, absenteeism and leaves, employee handbook, and other employee information, which includes administrating the Human Resources Information System (ULTIPRO) to ensure accurate and timely entries of personal and professional data in the system.
- Providing advice and assistance to supervisors and staff on performance appraisal systems and processes (goal setting, mid-year review, final evaluation, rating) and ensure that deadlines are met. This will include assisting managers in dealing with performance issues and disciplinary actions.
- Contribute to occupational health, safety and security activities
- Working closely with other staff (Technical, Financial, Administrative), increasingly acting as a consultancy professional, and assisting the line managers in understanding and implementing legal local labor laws and/or regulations, HR procedures and policies.
- Ensure compliance with relevant statutory legislations and HR best practices and that managers receive an accurate and timely assistance in response to particular queries related to HR policies or other aspects of employment legislation
- Providing assistance to Finance & Administration Team and perform other related duties as required by management.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in personnel management, human resources development or management, business management, psychology, or social administration from an accredited institution.
- At least five years experience of working in a dynamic Human Resources role and/or in generalist Human Resources environment
- Experience with computerized HR/Payroll System, Microsoft Applications.
- Experience working with USAID-funded projects is an advantage
- Proficient and practical knowledge in the following areas (human resources management, recruitment techniques, methods and procedures, performance review methods and techniques, staff training, development and recognition)
- Understanding of relevant legislations, HR policies, procedures and operations at both a strategic and operational levels.
- Ability to develop, review and update HR policies and procedures.
- Demonstration of the following skills (people management, interpersonal skills, ability to deal with different types of people at various levels, team building, problem solving, basic counseling, negotiations effective verbal and listening communications, effective written communications skills including the ability to prepare reports, proposal, policies and procedures)
- Demonstration of the following personal attributes (be friendly, empathetic and open-minded, with high standards of personal and professional integrity, fairness and an unbiased approach, confidentiality and discretion, flexibility)
Applicants must have the following competencies:
- Innovation- Develops new, better or significantly different ideas, methods, solutions or initiatives that result in improvement of IntraHealth's performance and meeting objectives, results and global commitments.
- Accountability-Holds self and others accountable for all work activities, research and personal actions and decisions; follows through on commitments and focuses on those activities that have the greatest impact on meeting measurable high quality results for IntraHealth's success. Exercises ethical practices, respectful words and behaviors, and equitable treatment of others in all activities.
- Service Excellence-Knowledge of and ability to put into action customer service concepts, processes and techniques to access internal and/or external client needs and expectations and meet or exceed those needs and expectations through providing excellent service directly or indirectly
- Effective Communication (Oral and Written)- Understands effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, explain complex technical concepts in simple, clear language appropriate to the audience; and receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors
- Planning and Organizing- Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed upon strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; and monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary.
- Interpersonal Relationships- Knowledge of and the ability to effectively interact within and across Divisions, Departments/Country Offices in a constructive and collaborative manner.
- Bachelors or better in Business Management or related field.
- Bachelors or better in Human Resource Management or related field.
- Bachelors or better in Psychology or related field.
- 3 years: Experience working with USAID-funded projects is an advantage
- 3 years: Experience with computerize HR/Payroll System, Microsoft Applications
Summary of Benefits
IntraHealth International, Inc. is a great place to work and prides itself on its comprehensive benefits package. We offer competitive salaries and a dynamic inclusive work environment which supports health workers so they can improve the lives of people throughout the world.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application letter and CV's to email@example.com When applying please include CV/Resume, Cover letter and 3 references.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale