The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
Ref.: 06/16 ABJ
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Grade: B3 (L)
Job type: Permanent
Job Description (Roles and Responsibilities)
- Plan, organise and direct the administration of the British High Commissions transport requirements, staff duty rosters including fleet management and deployment.
- Effective and efficient management of all resources; vehicle replacements,servicing, spares and fuel stocks.
- Manageand supervise a group of transport co-ordinators, mechanics and other support staff employed in the transport team in addition to a combined pool of 30+ drivers.
- Prepare and monitor annual/quarterly budgets for the transport team, prudentlymanaging, authorising, recording and regularly reporting on all expenditure.
- Close supervision of the official pool of vehicles, ensuring valid documentation, proper maintenance, driver competence and adherence to health, safety andsecurity regulations.
- Central point of contact for liaising and communicating with various customers, internaland external partners (including the Nigeria Police, FRSC, DFID, BDHC Lagos, British Council, etc) on all transport related matters.
- Plan and co-ordinate logistical arrangements for VIP visits and up-country journeys.
Desirable Qualifications and Experience
- Relevant educational qualifications (University Degree, HND or Professional Certificates)
- Familiar with the Nigerian transport system and the Abuja road networks
- Possess a valid drivers licence
Essential qualifications and experience:
- Previous experience in Transport or Logistical Management
- Experience of managing a large team to deliver a quality service in a high pressure environment
- A good command of English language - both verbally and in writing .
- Flexible approach to problem solving with an ability to think on their feet
- Demsontrate good interpersonal skills
- A self starter able to work with minimal supervision
- Good organisational skills - capable of working quickly and accurately
- Budgeting and financial management experience
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office tools.
- Making Effective Decisions, Leading and Communicating, Collaborating and Partnering, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace.
N 493,126 monthly
22nd March, 2016.
1st May, 2016.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should click here to apply
- To apply please attach CV and a cover letter as one document
- Employees recruited locally by the British High Commission in Nigeria are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law in Country.
- Employees who are not eligible to pay local income tax: e.g. certain third-country nationals and spouses/partners of UK diplomats will have their salaries abated by an equivalent amount.
- Reference checking and security clearances will be conducted.
- Any questions you may have about this position will only be answered during interview, should you be invited.