IT Internship at Management Sciences for Health (MSH)
Posted on: 2 March, 2016
Deadline: 13 March, 2016
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Management Sciences For Health -
Management Sciences for Health (MSH) saves lives and improves health, especially among the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people, by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health. Our mission is to save lives and improve the health of the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
- The Objective of this position is to ensure a continuous flow of information on all MSH systems, provide support to users of new and existing technology, operate and maintain computer workstations and networks, and work on up-gradation of corporate software projects.
- The IT Support Intern will support the implementation of ICTD practices across MSH projects in Nigeria.
- S/he will be the main support person to the program team installing EMR in Sokoto and Minna and also will document process and best practices related to this.
- Field incoming help requests from end users via both telephone and e-mail in a courteous manner.
- Document all pertinent end user identification information, including name, department, contact information, and nature of problem or issue.
- Build rapport and elicit problem details from users
- Prioritize and schedule problems. Escalate problems (when required) to the appropriately experienced Manager.
- Record, track, and document the help desk request problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution.
- Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources on the Internet to aid in problem resolution.
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
- Make sure the phone on every desk is working at all times.
- Install anti-virus software.
- Performing preventative maintenance, including checking and cleaning of workstations, printers, and peripherals on a monthly basis (monthly report of the work done submitted to the IT Manager)
- Prepare the Projector and other presentation materials for quality presentations.
- Test fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved.
- Perform post-resolution follow-ups to help requests.
- Develop help sheets and frequently asked questions lists for end users.
- Travel to site offices whenever there is a need to, and resolve issues independently as much as can be achieved.
- Send a weekly Status report and Time Sheet to IT Support Advisor (Manager)/ HR.
- Ability to travel 40% of the time to various state offices.
- Graduate and professional training on Information Technology
- 2 years’ related experience in the field of Information Technology and ICTD management, however experience in software development environment and use of current technologies, such as Virtualization and complex systems is preferable with proven achievements
- Good communication & interpersonal skills. Ability to effectively communicate technology, infrastructure and process needs and requirements with all personnel levels; oral and written communication
- Skilled in the use of computers, adapts to new technology, keeps abreast of changes, learns new programs quickly, use computers to improve productivity and Up-to-date knowledge and skills on latest developments in the IT systems field
- Generates new ideas, supports change, encourages innovation, solves problems creatively
- Network Administration Skills
- Patience & good listening Skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Good evaluation skills
- A good team-playing mentality
- Logical mind and capable of working well under pressure
- An ability to work to tight deadlines and within constraints
- Understanding of complex information and requirements
- Good prioritization skills and be flexible enough to adapt plans
Method of Application
To apply for this position, go to MSH's Career Website
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Management Sciences For Health - MSHSimilar Jobs
- Latest Job Opportunities at the Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA)
- Nurses at Médecins Sans Frontières
- Latest Recruitment at the ONE Global Campaign
- Director Of Operations at Devex
- Job Opportunities at Solidarités International
- Administrative, Finance and HR Coordinators at Solidarites International
- Project Manager-STEER at Save the Children Nigeria
- Local Government Coordinators at Creative Associates International