REQIT is a recruitment technology company. Our mission is to 'use technology as a driver in connecting local talent with opportunities.' At the heart of our mission is a strong desire to drive high levels of quality service at all times.
Talent is at the heart of what we do and we are committed to supporting companies and organizations alike with the right technology that will enable them find the best talent available both locally and globally, whilst reducing cost per hire and increasing the efficiency of the hiring process. We work with the best partners in the industry, thus bringing to our clients top notch products and services that meet with global best practice.
Our client is a leading Telecoms service provider in West Africa. They partner with leading OEMS in the telecom industry to provide service consulting, telecoms installation services, testing and survey services to leading wireless operators across the West African market.
Reports to: Operations Director/Board of Directors
Reporting to this position: Service Delivery Manager, Finance, HR, Business Development & Sales
The Country Manager serves as local chief operating officer and, in partnership with group functions and the Board, is responsible for the success of the company. The CM will secure the relevance of the company and the accomplishment of its mission and vision. The Board delegates responsibility for management and day-to-day operations to the CM, and s/he has the authority to carry out these responsibilities, in accordance with the direction and policies established by the Board. The Country Manager provides direction and enabling to the Board as it carries out its governance functions.
- Ensures the filing of all legal and regulatory documents and monitors compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
- Helps the Operations Director/Board determine Company’s values, mission, vision, strategy and short- and long-term goals.
- Keeps the Board fully informed of Company’s performance and on all the important factors influencing it.
- Identifies problems and opportunities and addresses them; brings those which are appropriate to the Board and, facilitates discussion and deliberation.
- Informs the Board about trends, issues, problems and activities in order to facilitate policy- making. Recommends policy positions.
- Provides general oversight of all Company activities, manages the day-to-day operations, and ensures a smoothly functioning, effective and efficient organization.
- Ensures service quality and organizational stability through development and implementation of standards and controls, systems and procedures, and regular evaluation of performance.
- With the support of Group Business Support ensures a work environment that recruits, retains and supports quality staff.
- Promotes value adding/profitable products and services that are delivered in a costeffective manner, employing economy while maintaining an acceptable level of quality.
- Oversees the financial activities of the organization including budgeting, performance reporting (cash, profit and assets) and audit.
- Works with Board to secure financing to support short- and long-term goals.
- Leads in identifying, cultivating and soliciting new businesses and relationships.
- Works with all stakeholders in securing the growth, profitability and sustainability of the company.
- Experience in the Telecoms/engineering field is a must.
- In addition to a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a senior management position you must have a Bachelor’s Degree and an MBA is an advantage.
- As CM, this individual demonstrates critical competencies in four broad categories: commitment to results, business savvy, leading change, and motivating.
- Commitment to results: The General Manager is customer focused and goal driven. This individual identifies relevant information and helps transform this information into individual and organizational knowledge and learning. The CM is action oriented and innovative.
- She/he translates broad goals into achievable steps. S/he anticipates and solves problems and takes advantage of opportunities, is a self-starter and team player.
- As the local company’s leader, this position requires an individual with knowledge of and experience in business development, sales, management and administration.
- The position requires demonstrated experience in integrating and coordinating diverse areas of management.
- Knowledge in the following areas is required: business development, sales, finance and HR;
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communications skills;
- A high level of personal skills is required to make formal, persuasive presentations to groups and to deal effectively with various stakeholders. Strong Networks and Networking skills
- The CM manages continuity, change and transition. This individual must be able to know how to influence and enable others. S/he addresses the impact of attitude and action on the company and its work
Method of Application
Interested in this position, apply on Workable
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.