Job Vacancy at The Axios Foundation (AF)
Posted on: 25 February, 2016
Deadline: 8 March, 2016
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Axios Foundation
Axios was formed by a group of health experts who shared the vision of an organization that could work effectively with clients and stakeholders across the public and private sectors to improve access to healthcare for patients in developing countries.
- The applicant will be responsible for the DFID funded Maternal Neonatal, and Child Health Program in Nigeria. The program covers six states in Northern Nigeria and in addition to providing and strengthening MNCH services, will also include routine Immunization.
- The Supply Chain Adviser will support strengthening of the health commodities supply chain and ensure delivery of program health commodities.
- The applicant will support the vaccines logistics and supply chain management activities for the MNCH2 program.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Advise and guide MNCH, SMOH, Government of Nigeria, and other stakeholders on supply chain issues, best practices, policies, innovations, and performance.
- Provide leadership and guidance to State Logistics Coordinator in each of the program states on addressing health commodities supply chain challenges and issues.
- Provide support for the design of a strategy for integrated supply chain systems capable of managing all health commodities (essential medicines, MNCH, FP/RH commodities, vaccines, etc.).
- Provide overall technical support and leadership on institutionalizing/strengthening Drug Revolving fund in the state.
- Provide overall technical guidance on procurement activities of the state including monitoring of procurement performance in such a way to forestall stock outs of essential medicines, MNCH, HTSP/RH and vaccines in collaboration with the vaccine/H TSP Adviser
- Coordinate the assessment of existing supply chain and logistics systems in all the states, identify gaps and weaknesses, and develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), policies, guidelines, and procedures to build capacity and promote sustainability.
- Coordinate with the projects M&E team to ensure that logistics related data is effectively captured throughout the supply chain.
- Coordinate with other projects and donors (including DFID, USAID, Global Fund, GAVI, etc.) on service delivery, commodities supply chain and logistics strengthening.
- Work with state logistics officers to identify needs for technical assistance to state and local level health institutions.
- Ensure best practices and lessons learned are shared across the states.
- A Degree in Pharmacy or Medical Laboratory Science.
- A Master’s degrees in Public Health will be an added advantage.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in health commodities logistics and supply chain management.
- Knowledge and experience in MNCH, reproductive health, family planning routine immunization, and other health programs.
- Experience in capacity building and training of logistics and health facility staff.
- Experience working in Northern Nigeria, particularly in Kano, Kaduna, Kastina, Jigawa, Yobe and Zamfara.
- Demonstrated ability to work with government staff at multiple levels including the state and local community levels.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: The Job involves extensive local travel up to 40% of the time.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Axios FoundationSimilar Jobs
- Job Opportunities at Action Against Hunger
- APP Editor at ActionAid Nigeria
- MEAL & Assessment Manager at Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI)
- Latest Vacancies at The United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF)
- The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) Fresh Job Recruitment
- Jobs at Girl Effect Nigeria
- Request For Quotations at Norwegian Church Aid
- Job Opportunities at Catholic Relief Services (CRS)