JAGAL Group is a leading Nigerian conglomerate with operations in the Oil & Gas, Construction and Manufacturing industries. The company has been growing successfully over the past 40 years, and has become a valuable and respected contributor to the development of the country's economy.
Jagal offers diverse career opportunities across all its business activities. The Group's broad range of industries and services offer rewarding prospects for various professional backgrounds and can satisfy ambitions for a successful future career.
Reporting to: Department Foremen, Supervisors and Superintendent
To be a team player in the corrosion protection treatment process of fabricated structural steel structures and associated items.
Key aims and objectives:
- To apply your work skills in a manner which enables the Coating Department to deliver defect free products, which conforms to customers, supplied specifications and Project working procedures.
- To assist the department in achieving this objective at the first attempt, within the time allowed and at each subsequent attempt.
- To carry out instructions from your superiors in a safe manner at all times.
- Assuming responsibilities of completing all tasks assigned to you in a safe manner and in accordance with the relevant project and/or Nigerdock supplied working procedures.
- To carry out any required task relating to the delivery of Blasted and/or Painted items, including but not limited to washing, cleaning, loading of grit/pot operator duties, stripe coating, housekeeping, equipment maintenance etc.
- Your daily rate of production will be satisfactory and in line with acceptable industry norms.
- As part of the production team you will always be held fully responsible for the quality of your own work and you will inspect your own work for conformance.
- To always ensure the equipment you use is cleaned properly and to report faulty equipment immediately to your superiors.
- To ensure that you are aware of the hazards pertaining to the tasks you are performing and ensuring that you always wear suitable PPE and use suitable equipment and consumables.
- To act in a responsible manner and plan your working day according to instructions given to you by your superiors, ensuring that in a reasonable time allocation, you collect all PPE and equipment necessary to perform your tasks prior to you moving to the work site.
- To inform your superiors immediately if you are not capable of carrying out specific tasks due to poor health or lack of knowledge.
- You are expected to be prepared to learn all the trades in the department, including but not limited to Blasting, Spray Painting, paint mixing, quality control etc.
- You may from time to time be expected to carry out duties not associated with your normal scope of work.
- To conduct yourself in a manner that satisfies the purpose of your employment at Nigerdock.
When not performing your primary function as a Production Assistant, you are expected to take part in any other activities associated with the functioning of the department.
Method of Application
To apply, visit Jagal Career on HRSmart
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.