AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF) is a legally registered NGO operating in Nigeria, AHF Nigeria collaborates with the Federal Governments of Nigeria and other partner institution, to provide technical assistance to these key stakeholders to deliver quality and comprehensive HIV/Aids treatment, care and support, HIV counselling and testing, prevention, Nutrition and Psychosocial services to people living with HIV/Aids.
AMAZING INDIVIDUALS WORKING FOR POSITIVE PEOPLE at AIDS Healthcare Foundation!
Does the idea of doing something that really makes a difference in people’s lives while being well-compensated intrigue you? Are you looking to work for an organization that encourages growth and success from each and every one of its employees?
If so, AIDS Healthcare Foundation is the place for you!
Founded in 1987, AIDS Healthcare Foundation is the largest specialized provider of HIV/AIDS medical care in the nation. Our mission is to provide cutting edge medicine and advocacy, regardless of ability to pay. Through our healthcare centers, pharmacies, health plan, research and other activities, AHF provides access to the latest HIV treatments for all who need them.
AHF’s core values are to be:
• Value Employees
• Respect for Diversity
• Fight for What’s Right
STILL INTERESTED? Please continue!
1. In close collaboration with the facility medical officer, ensure the provision of quality, evidence based ART, PMTCT, prevention and TB services.
2. Supervises the provision of skilled nursing procedures (i.e dressing changes).
3. Ensures that medication administration is within the scope of practice of the licensee.
4. Directly performs or monitors the provision of phlebotomy and/or initiates intravenous infusions as ordered.
5. Attends and participates in team conferences as requested.
6. Acts as a team leader to assist with the provision and supervision of patient care in the health facilities.
7. Charts notes and medication administration according to protocol.
8. Supervises the provision of patient and family education.
9. Exercises appropriate judgment and decision making skills.
10. Mentors and ensures the maintenance of patient confidentiality.
11. Reports significant changes in the patient’s physical status to the RN and/or to the medical provider.
12. Supports the ART nurses to establish effective linkages and referral of patients within and outside the facility.
13. Supervise community program staff and ensure achievement of targets as well as timely preparation and dissemination of reports.
14. Ensures that all disseminated protocols are strictly adhered to by site staff.
15. Ensure accurate and timely documentation of all services provided.
16. Implement operational research protocols to answer important questions within AHF’s treatment and prevention programs.
17. Any other duty designated by the Nurse Manager.
KEY RESULT AREAS
1. Quality of HIV treatment and TB services at the site.
2. HIV prevention program indicators.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• University graduate in Nursing-BSc or its Equivalent.
• MPH degree would be an added advantage
• At least three years experience in HIV program management.
• Knowledge of minimum prevention package for Nigeria is highly essential.
• Must be highly organized and capable of effective multi-tasking.
Excellent report writing, prompt and effective communication using charts and graphs.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Required to travel to other locations within and other the State.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills.
• Sensitivity to ethics and confidentiality of HIV/AIDS client issues
• Knowledge of excel and PowerPoint programs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or to hear
The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms.
To apply, visit AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF) Career Page on ICIMS