British American Tobacco (www.bat.com) is a market leading, global organisation with a long, established history and a bright and dynamic future. Thanks to our people we have continued to deliver growth and exceed expectations in an increasingly complex and challenging marketplace.
Our aim is to become the leading tobacco company in each of our markets by providing excellent products with confidence and responsibility expected of global consumer brands.
If you have the talent and motivation to help us succeed you’ll find we are equally committed to helping you reach your full potential too.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job purpose and key deliverables
The Customer Service Coordinator (CSC) is responsible for managing the customer relationship on an operational basis, understanding customer requirements and marketing strategies. The CSC is responsible for demand forecast validation and order management to ensure effective customer service in terms of finished goods and semi-finished components supply to the end-markets based on the agreed SLA parameters. The CSC has to work in close relationship with end-markets, functions within GSCSC and the supplying factories to ensure that the customer requirements are met.
Run the Customer Service database and coordinate all activities aimed at improving customer service culture in WAA operations
- Provide effective and efficient customer service that interprets and satisfies all customer requirements through interface with all functions within the WAA Operations and the end-markets.
- Ensure customers’ demand forecast is uploaded, implement order management for the selected customers, sales orders creation in SAP, handling orders in APO, reflect NPI and modification projects in the system, coordination with functions within GSCSC and on time and accurate compilation of order and material status for reporting to the end-markets.
- Ensure timely consolidation of performance measurement, measure and analyse KPI’s, preparation of performance reporting, proactively highlight upcoming potential issues and drive solutions with the relevant stakeholders.
- Involve in root cause analysis process.
- Manage WMS and FG write offs minimization in coordination with end-markets, coordination of write offs confirmation process with end-markets and stakeholders.
- Provide support to Strategic Account Manager and Customer Service Executive in daily operational processes and maintenance of Account Management toolbox elements.
- Deputize in the absence of the Customer Service Executive from the department team, provide project support to improve Account Management process.
- Develop and run activities to improve Customer Service Culture
- Contribute to and deliver the Service strategy.
- Drive own development, actively seek feedback on own performance.
- Support SLA negotiations and implementation, drive short term improvements with the customers on operational processes.
- Provide commercial administration: Shipment tracking and reporting, and ensure timely and accurate documentation.
- Monitor customer complaints and drive resolution, regularly update the issue log.
- Build effective relationships with key stakeholders within the Service team, make, Move, and other functions within GSCSC and end-markets.
- Represent the customer’s needs, ensuring evolving needs are understood and capabilities are developed.
- Challenge status quo through constructive proposals utilizing new ways of working or approaches.
- Educated to University level
- Minimum of 2 years experience experience in Supply Chain Management within an FMCG company environment
- Good customer engagement skills
- Good analytical and planning skills
- Flexible, able to cope well with ambiguity and pressure
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Team player
- Good cultural awareness
- Knowledge of ERP-systems (e.g. SAP, APO DC and APO SNP, MS Office)
go to method of application »
Job purpose and key deliverables
The Process Leader is expected to develop the operating teams’ technical understanding and mastery of process control. He/She is the Centerline DMS, Changeover DMS, and Change Management DMS owner for the line(s). The Process Lead owns the integrity of the Line Event Data System and is responsible for data analytics of line losses. He/She also act as the team’s expert in troubleshooting / problem solving. A majority of the individual’s time will be spent on the operating floor working with the teams and building the capability of the people in their area.
- Owns the Centerline Management system for the line(s), including:
- Establish CL targets & limits for the equipment owned by the team
- Ensuring all CL audits are completed at the proper frequency
- Develop control strategies to enable operators to respond to out of control situations
- Training team members on documentation needed when running out of CL
- Investigating, validating & updating new CL standards to eliminate losses
- Executing weekly Health Checks, identifying gaps in system, and implementing appropriate countermeasures
- Owns the Changeover DMS for the line(s)
- Establishing Changeover standards for all product SKU’s
- Reviewing Changeover critiques and coaching shift teams to identify and implement improvement opportunities to achieve CO success criteria
- Leading Rapid Changeover events to identify additional opportunities to reduce changeover time as required by business need
- Executing weekly Health Checks
- Owns the Change Management DMS & validation processes
- Including process benchmarking & reapplication across processes, modules and plants
- Analyzes line data to identify and prioritize loss elimination opportunities including the creation of current state and future state loss trees utilizing tools such as loss allocation and S-shape
- Participating in Line DDS process daily to set priorities and allocate resources, and report results for previous 24 hours:
- CL & CO DMS’s
- Top 3 stops and initial finding
- Process Failures and initial findings
- Using Reliability Engineering tools to drive Centerline DMS and loss elimination
- Owns integrity of Line Event Data Systems (LEDS)
Troubleshooting & Problem Solving
- Leads root cause problem solving efforts on key chronic losses for the line(s)
- Coaches teams to build capability in problem solving skills and formal tools, including but not limited to Initial Problem Solving, Unified Problem Solving, 6W2H, and 5 Why’s
- Leads and builds the capability of team around process failures technical troubleshooting
- University qualification
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in an FMCG environment
- Demonstrated self-motivated, personal leadership
- Ability and commitment to drive change in the organization
- Leadership skills, ability to lead a small project team
- Interpersonal collaboration skills
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to present to small groups
- Ability to work with data and information
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills
- Demonstrated ability to assimilate technical data to support recommendations
- Basic problem solving skills
- Familiarity with structured problem tools useful but not mandatory
- Specific technical mastery useful but not mandatory
Method of Application
To apply for this position, visit British American Tobacco (BAT) Career Website
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.