Job Vacancy at Hitachi Data Systems
Posted on: 3 February, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at Hitachi Data Systems
Hitachi Data Systems provides information technologies, services and solutions that help companies improve IT costs and agility, and innovate with information to make a difference in the world. Our customers gain compelling return on investment (ROI), unmatched return on assets.
Mission: Society's need for advanced technologies is constantly evolving; in turn, so is Hitachi. With its determination to improve the quality of life for the global community, Hitachi decided to focus on the Social Innovation Business.
- Provide in-depth pre-sales technical support for Sales (Direct and Indirect) and Channel Partners.
- Be a pre-sales centre of competence for specific HDS Services and Solutions and have a detailed knowledge of all the others.
- Collaborate with other support functions to drive HDS Product and Service revenues whilst maximising customer satisfaction.
- Develop relationships with customers to ensure an appreciation of current and potential benefits available from HDS products and services in their environment.
- Lead project/virtual solutions bid teams as appropriate.
- Advise / educate HDS customers, staff and Partners on the technical advantages of the HDS solution with respect to the business need it satisfies.
- Be regarded internally and externally as pre-sales subject matter expert
- Understand a customer’s environment and support the account team to develop the customer’s storage strategy.
- Design HDS storage solutions to represent the optimum technical solution for a customer’s business applications.
- Identify sales opportunities for the HDS Product, Solutions and Services portfolio.
- Assist / enable Systems Assurance raising and progressing any necessary Interoperability Support Requests
- Deliver formal presentations and coordinate/deliver demonstrations of HDS Storage Solutions and Consultancy Services to Customers and Partners.
- Assist in the completion of proposals for HDS Storage Solutions
- When authorised, deliver roadmap and NDA presentations to customer / HDS staff
- Advise on industry-wide technologies, and directions.
- Provide competitive product / solution comparisons.
- Ensure that Services personnel are involved at the earliest opportunity within a sales cycle to facilitate a clean hand-over of the engagement to GSS and CS&S.
- Technically support GSS in their delivery and where necessary participate in project review meetings.
- Ensure HDS solution performs at the customer site to it’s full potential and that customer personnel are aware of the benefits (ROI) provided
- Liaise closely with GSS and be the glue that binds the value proposition to the technology.
- Develop pre-sales technical product and marketing relationships with EHQ and SC.
Qualifications: Key Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- At least five years experience within an area of like discipline within a similar competitor organisation, end user or IT consultancy services provider
- Ability to develop a detailed knowledge of all core HDS Products – Hardware, software, solutions and services
- Detailed knowledge of other 3rd party HDS Products – depth and breadth
- Complete ability to understand and exploit customer’s technical issues and align solution to business need.
- Conversant and comfortable with written and spoken business English
- Good personal presence, well-organised, adaptable and clear thinker.
- Ability to work in unstructured environments/situations and handle multiple demands with competing and changing priorities
- Ensure effective team work and communication in all engagements – with customer staff, HDS account teams and Services colleagues
- Take advantage of all types of available education material and methods to broaden skills and develop agreed areas of specialisation
- Willingness to accept responsibility and accountability.
- Innovative, actively looking for solutions to challenges.
- Comply with all published HDS policies and guidelines
- Appreciation and knowledge of IT industry challenges and related business issues
- Deliver detailed product / solution / strategy / exhibition / event presentations
- Deliver product announcement education to the direct / indirect and Partner workforces
- Detailed knowledge of application to spindle infrastructures with special regard to performance
- Knowledge of industry best practices for specific solution areas
- Co-ordinate / generate business solution proposals
- Excellent customer handling skills - respect and deliver on commitments
- Business Acumen
- Customer Focus
- Decision Making
- Relationship Management
- Managing for Results Primary Location: EMEA-Nigeria
Method of Application
Click here to apply on Taleo
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Hitachi Data SystemsSimilar Jobs
- Information Technology Roles at 4Barz Technologies
- Jobs at Technology Advantage Network Limited
- Operations Department Personnel at Tizeti Network Limited
- Business Development Manager at NetPro International Limited
- Virtual Service Sales Specialist at Cisco Nigeria
- Business Development Executives at OGSoft Solutions Limited
- Career Opportunities at MTN Nigeria
- Head, Marketing And Growth Specialist at IConcepts