Job Vacancy at Hitachi Data Systems
Posted on: 3 February, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View Jobs posted same day
Hitachi Data Systems provides information technologies, services and solutions that help companies improve IT costs and agility, and innovate with information to make a difference in the world. Our customers gain compelling return on investment (ROI), unmatched return on assets.
Mission: Society's need for advanced technologies is constantly evolving; in turn, so is Hitachi. With its determination to improve the quality of life for the global community, Hitachi decided to focus on the Social Innovation Business.
- Provide in-depth pre-sales technical support for Sales (Direct and Indirect) and Channel Partners.
- Be a pre-sales centre of competence for specific HDS Services and Solutions and have a detailed knowledge of all the others.
- Collaborate with other support functions to drive HDS Product and Service revenues whilst maximising customer satisfaction.
- Develop relationships with customers to ensure an appreciation of current and potential benefits available from HDS products and services in their environment.
- Lead project/virtual solutions bid teams as appropriate.
- Advise / educate HDS customers, staff and Partners on the technical advantages of the HDS solution with respect to the business need it satisfies.
- Be regarded internally and externally as pre-sales subject matter expert
- Understand a customer’s environment and support the account team to develop the customer’s storage strategy.
- Design HDS storage solutions to represent the optimum technical solution for a customer’s business applications.
- Identify sales opportunities for the HDS Product, Solutions and Services portfolio.
- Assist / enable Systems Assurance raising and progressing any necessary Interoperability Support Requests
- Deliver formal presentations and coordinate/deliver demonstrations of HDS Storage Solutions and Consultancy Services to Customers and Partners.
- Assist in the completion of proposals for HDS Storage Solutions
- When authorised, deliver roadmap and NDA presentations to customer / HDS staff
- Advise on industry-wide technologies, and directions.
- Provide competitive product / solution comparisons.
- Ensure that Services personnel are involved at the earliest opportunity within a sales cycle to facilitate a clean hand-over of the engagement to GSS and CS&S.
- Technically support GSS in their delivery and where necessary participate in project review meetings.
- Ensure HDS solution performs at the customer site to it’s full potential and that customer personnel are aware of the benefits (ROI) provided
- Liaise closely with GSS and be the glue that binds the value proposition to the technology.
- Develop pre-sales technical product and marketing relationships with EHQ and SC.
Qualifications: Key Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- At least five years experience within an area of like discipline within a similar competitor organisation, end user or IT consultancy services provider
- Ability to develop a detailed knowledge of all core HDS Products – Hardware, software, solutions and services
- Detailed knowledge of other 3rd party HDS Products – depth and breadth
- Complete ability to understand and exploit customer’s technical issues and align solution to business need.
- Conversant and comfortable with written and spoken business English
- Good personal presence, well-organised, adaptable and clear thinker.
- Ability to work in unstructured environments/situations and handle multiple demands with competing and changing priorities
- Ensure effective team work and communication in all engagements – with customer staff, HDS account teams and Services colleagues
- Take advantage of all types of available education material and methods to broaden skills and develop agreed areas of specialisation
- Willingness to accept responsibility and accountability.
- Innovative, actively looking for solutions to challenges.
- Comply with all published HDS policies and guidelines
- Appreciation and knowledge of IT industry challenges and related business issues
- Deliver detailed product / solution / strategy / exhibition / event presentations
- Deliver product announcement education to the direct / indirect and Partner workforces
- Detailed knowledge of application to spindle infrastructures with special regard to performance
- Knowledge of industry best practices for specific solution areas
- Co-ordinate / generate business solution proposals
- Excellent customer handling skills - respect and deliver on commitments
- Business Acumen
- Customer Focus
- Decision Making
- Relationship Management
- Managing for Results Primary Location: EMEA-Nigeria
Method of Application
Click here to apply on Taleo
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Similar Jobs
- Business Development Manager at EdgeBase Technologies
- Digital Marketing Executive at Aiotaq Integrated Solutions
- CCNA / A+ Instructor at HiiT Plc
- Job Openings at Swift Talk Limited
- Senior/Lead Dev Architect at Alfred & Victoria Associates
- Graduate Mobile Apps Developer at Zercom Systems Nigeria Limited
- Job Openings at Riddle Technologies Limited
- Information Technology Roles at Huntech Solutions