Queensland Academy was established in 1988 with the sole aim of making a difference in foundation education and with the gift to appreciate the parental challenge of choosing the right school for their children. Meeting this need is all we are about with a strong bias for great character moulding through a well-structured programme built on a foundation of trust, resilience and a meticulous mentoring programme geared towards the development of a sound mind and a total child: self-discipline, independent learning and co-operation.
The Counselor provides counseling services to students, teachers, parents and others regarding personal, academic and career issues. Ensures guidance and counseling programs are implemented and educate and aide the students and community effectively.
- Counsels individuals and groups by listening, identifying problems and discussing solutions.
- Provides advice on course selection, personal issues, post secondary selections and career needs.
- Develops various community programs, including drug free school programs and career activities.
- Assists with standardize testing and student placement. Consults with staff and parents about problems, concerns, and any other issues involving students.
- Coordinates with school staff to develop plans for evaluating and improving schools.
- Administer and/or support the state standardized career testing processes and policies.
- Conducts classroom guidance activities and evaluates the effectiveness of the programs.
- A minimum of a first degree in Education, Social sciences or Humanities from a recognised institution.
- A minimum of 3 years experience in a similar position in a reputable school.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Computer literacy is mandatory.
Method of Application
Application and CV to be forwarded to email@example.com
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.