StreSERT is a professional services organisation that offers quality stress-free solutions to corporate organisations. We offer business support and integrated solutions in different areas that ensure business objectives are achieved.
Critically, we evaluate issues as they impact your business, and consequently deploy the appropriate skills and competencies to proffer the needed solutions.
Our Client is a leader in the financial institution sector; they are located in Lagos and have vacancy for a Senior Analyst in the Corporate Finance Department.
The ideal candidate should be able to undertake research on macroeconomic and microeconomic conditions along with company fundamentals to make business, sector and industry recommendations. He /She should be able to recommend a course of action, and must be aware of current developments in the finance industry and be involved in preparing financial models, analyzing financial status of companies, preparing and analyzing financial plans, forecast and reports. He or She must be adept in excel spreadsheets and good report writing skills.
- Responsible for creating investment forecasts and generating ideas that will help our client effectively manage their portfolio.
- Responsible for developing financial modeling, financial statement analysis, decision modeling, reporting and ad-hoc analysis to support strategic initiatives.
- Support, analyze, and assist in the preparation and review of the company’s annual operating budget including:
• detailed support and analysis of the company’s revenue forecast and departmental budgets
• detailed support and analysis of balance sheet forecasts and the associated cash flow forecasts
• development of presentations to help summarize budget results in a comprehensive and easy-to-understand format
- Analyzes actual operating results and identifies key financial and operating issues to be addressed; quantifies actual results versus forecast.
- Determine financial status by comparing and analyzing plans and forecasts with actual results.
- Review financial spreadsheets and other reports to predict current and future financial performance.
- Research and prepare variance analysis and explanation.
- Provide information to management by assembling and summarizing data; preparing reports; making presentations of findings, analyses, and recommendations.
- Carry out research on the economic climate and other investments to determine the effect that these factors will have on a company’s performance.
- Prepare charts and diagrams showing prior, current and projected revenues and expenditures to provide a basis for comparison and evaluation.
- Research, evaluate and recommend rates for recovering and/or distributing charges for services rendered to client.
- Any other duties of related deliverables that may be assigned by the Principal Consultant.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Possess a degree in Economics, Finance, Suitable field or related experience.
- Possess professional certification or Master's degree (would be an additional advantage).
- Have a minimum of Five (5) years of full-time work experience in a similar field.
Knowledge & Abilities Requirements
- Reasonable knowledge of budgetary management, accounting principles, & procedures.
- Must possess the ability to maintain strict confidentiality as a result of the information in their possession.
- Reasonable ability to utilize current word processing, excel spreadsheet, database and e-mail.
- Knowledge of program analysis and evaluation.
- Ability to utilize computer software to provide fiscal analysis.
- Ability to make routine decisions in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Ability to plan and complete assignments within deadlines and must be able to handle stress.
- Ability to recognize and correct departures from budgetary practices and procedures.
- Ability to follow complex oral and written instructions.
- Ability to prepare and present complex and written and oral reports.
Financial reporting Skills, Forecasting, Corporate Finance, Financial Diagnosis, Financial Modelling Tools, Analyzing Information, Statistical Analysis, Process Improvement, Financial Planning and Strategy
Method of Application
Qualified candidates should please forward CVs to ‘email@example.com’ using ‘SENIOR FINANCIAL ANALYST’ as subject of mail before 1st February 2016. Experienced candidates will be invited for interviews
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale