KPMG is a global network of professional firms providing Audit, Tax and Advisory Services. Our vision is to build and sustain our reputation as the best firm to work with by ensuring our people, clients and communities achieve their full potential.
Our Client is a privately held investment company setup to facilitate and manage the operations of a large and fast-developing industrial base and special economic zone ‘the Zone’. The Zone was established as a Free Trade Zone (FTZ) to maximize the development of infrastructure, industrial capacity and tourism potentials of the fastest growing region in West Africa.
The key objective of the Zone is to attract new industries & technology, and secure economically viable investments which will transform the region into a modern city. Ultimately, the goal is to develop the Zone into one of the largest and most preferred mixed-use investment destination in Nigeria.
The Zone is envisioned to develop into a regional hub for manufacturing, trade, real estate, hospitality & leisure facilities. The successful development and functioning of this Zone is hinged on the deployment of sustainable infrastructure among which are; power, water, roads and an integrated multi-modal transportation which will accelerate development.
Our client seeks to appoint an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer (MD/CEO).
Detailed Job Description:
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Managing Director will be responsible for driving the development of the new city as well as transforming the business portfolio of the company into viable revenue earning units. He or She shall be responsible for planning, organizing, coordinating, directing and controlling the functions of the Company. He or She shall also be the co-coordinator of the Free Zone Project.
FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan, organize, coordinate, direct and control the functions of the Company and be the co-coordinator of the Free Zone Project.
- Collaborate with the Board to define and articulate the Company’s vision and champion the articulation of strategies and plans for achieving it, thus ensuring the free zone’s long term viability.
- Ensure the development and implementation of relevant structures (process, people, systems) to support the achievement of the Company’s vision, goals and objectives.
- Provide strategic leadership in the management of the Company’s investment portfolio towards the achievement of financial and profitability targets.
- Provide leadership in the identification, appraisal and realisation of opportunities for investments and new business developments within the Free Zone.
- Develop and maintain strategic relationships with key venture partners and investors and champion the formulation of strategic business alliances.
- Ensure prompt implementation of the Company’s approved operational plans and ensure that the Company's operations are in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Oversee the management of the Company’s investment portfolio, including divestments, investments and turnaround/transformation of investee companies in the Zone to create greater shareholder value through improved financial performance.
- Provide broad guidelines for the establishment of standards to ensure and measure the performance of the Company; and its other interests.
- Ensure continuous review and assessment of the effectiveness and efficiency of the Company’s policies, procedures and processes and identify improvement opportunities.
- Receive and review periodic financial and non-financial reports to effectively monitor and steer the activities of the Company to achieve strategic objectives.
- Identify and deploy the right mix of people, technology, innovation and management to propel the Company’s activities now and in the future.
- Ensure the timely implementation of Board and Executive Management Meeting decisions.
- Recommend the yearly budget for Board approval and prudently manage the Company’s resources within the budgetary provisions.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Board of Directors.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- First degree and/or post graduate degree from a reputable institution preferably in Engineering, Finance, Development or Infrastructure Finance, Project Management or any other relevant discipline.
- Proven experience in land-banking, infrastructure planning, infrastructure financing and development for a new township.
- Professional qualifications and certification in engineering, finance & investments and prior experience in infrastructure development, structuring & financing as well as in Public-Private Partnership arrangements will be added advantages.
- Minimum of fifteen (15) years relevant management experience, with at least five (5) years at executive management level.
- Should have served as an Executive Director in a reputable organisation with good knowledge and experience of board room processes.
- A proven track record in managing a mixed asset investment portfolio and nurturing and developing new business ventures.
- Experience in appraising new investments in their various forms (greenfield, joint ventures, mergers, acquisitions, etc.) and of developing concepts and strategies for the effective realisation of such investments.
Method of Application
All applications must be submitted on or before Monday January 25, 2016. To apply, please take the following steps:
Visit https://kpmgng.avature.net/careers to complete the online application to the job. In addition, please send by email, with the relevant job title and code stated in the subject line of the email. your updated curriculum vitae; and a cover letter detailing your interest and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications will be treated in confidence. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.