MONTROSE is an international development project management and consultancy company providing support to clients operating in the developing world. Specialised in the sectors of health, education, rural livelihoods and private sector development, our clients include bilateral and multilateral development agencies, the private sector, Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs) and other development stakeholders.
Montrose has been contracted by DFID to undertake a four year programme entitled USEDATA – ‘Using Extractive Data for Transparency and Accountability’. The programme aims to support governments, civil society and industry to make better use of the rapidly expanding pool of publically available extractive industry data for accountability and improved policy-making.
The programme will launch six multi-faceted data pilots in six countries across Africa and Asia-Pacific. The country data pilots will see the launch of a suite of digital and non-digital extractive industries open data solutions including, user-friendly country dashboards, issue-specific sub-dashboards and a number of offline data solutions.
Montrose is seeking to identify an experienced and suitably qualified part-time Coordinator for the programme’s Nigeria Data Pilot and for broader representation of Montrose as appropriate.
Specific Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Support the identification of key stakeholders in Nigeria
- Develop and maintain linkages with key stakeholders on request from the USEDATA Regional Director
- Consult with identified stakeholders within civil society, government, and extractive industry on how to source data in-country
- Support the establishment of the National Steering Group (NSG) for the Nigeria data pilot
- Support the collection of in-country data as identified and prioritised by the technical team
- Provide inputs and gather information in-country including key issues, political and environmental considerations and stakeholder issues
- Support the USEDATA Regional Director on the technical design of the Nigeria data pilot, based on contextual mapping and country requirements
- Support the identification, planning and implementation of the Nigeria data pilot activities
- Compile country-level information for inputs to project reports and other documents
- Support the drafting of inputs for country-level project reporting
- Monitor, evaluate and report on the progress and outputs of the Nigeria data pilot as per the results framework
- Represent Montrose within the country as appropriate
- Any other duties that arise for which engagement is appropriate
Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of five years’ experience in Nigeria related to the extractive industries sector
- Deep contextual knowledge and understanding of Nigeria
- Extensive knowledge and background of Nigeria’s extractive industries sector
- Experience engaging with private, public and civil society sectors in Nigeria and able to move between players, building trust and common goals
- Sufficient understanding of open data
- Track record of working in a team and ability to work remotely
- Extensive experience in research and data collection
- Excellent experience with stakeholder engagement, preferably in Nigeria
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Understanding of DFID and other large donors
- Proficient computer skills, in particular Microsoft applications
Method of Application
If you meet the above qualifications and are interested in this opportunity please submit a detailed CV together with a covering letter explaining how you are suited for the position to firstname.lastname@example.org by 20 January 2016.