If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
The MacTay Group is a leading consulting company with its sole aim to nurture and improve growth in people and establishments by offering strategic and operations consulting services.
Our 30 year success story has been one filled with excitement and fulfilment for our clients, overcoming difficult challenges, cutting across Private, Public and social sectors while staying true to our beliefs that limitations are only a figment of the imagination, with our committed and innovative team, we have proved this time and again.
Our focus has always been to maximize output, performance and excellence, and this can be attested to by the numerous brands we have worked with in West Africa.
We are looking for a mobile app developer to lead the design, development and maintenance of Android and iPhone apps. The developer will lead the entire app lifecycle right from concept stage until delivery and post launch support. Apps will be mainly content based and integrated closely with the web sites. In addition to delivering the product the successful candidate will be heavily involved in driving the mobile strategy globally.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Working very closely with developers and project managers effectively working across multiple projects and delivering to deadlines.
- iOS and/ or Android Developer, depending on the skills set can be lead on one platform and play a supporting role across the other.
- Working closely with another mobile app developer leading the other platform development.
- Deliver across the entire app life cycle concept, design, build, deploy, test, release to app stores and support.
- Gather requirements around functionality and translate those requirements into elegant functional solutions.
- Build prototypes at tech scoping stage of projects.
- Working along the web developers to create and maintain a robust framework to support the apps.
- Working with the front end developers to build the interface with focus on usability features.
- Create compelling device specific user interfaces and experiences.
- Standardizing the platform and in some cases apps to deliver across multiple brands with minimal duplication of effort.
- Optimising performance for the apps.
- Keep up to date on the latest industry trends in the mobile technologies.
- Explain technologies and solutions to technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Minimum of 2 years in similar role.
- Proven commercial software development experience in desktop and mobile.
- Published examples of mobile applications on the App store or the Android market.
- Excellent knowledge in information architecture, human computer interaction and usability design principles.
- A track record of delivering successful consumer and or business products.
- Ability to use analytic data and user testing to inform design decision.
- A passion for new consumer technology and the emerging media landscape.
- Ability to multi task and good time management skills.
- Ability to work on their own and as a part of the team.
- Excellent scoping and estimation skills.
- Excellent testing/ QA skills.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) to liaise with various departments locally and internationally.
go to method of application »
The primary job responsibility for the PHP developer position is to provide PHP programming and functionality for a variety of consumer-related websites, intranets, extranets and web-based applications. You will be challenged on a daily basis to solve problems in new and creative ways. A successful candidate will have demonstrable experience building real online applications such as a social e-commerce site, desktop applications etc in a LAMP environment and will be able to make a meaningful contribution from day one. You will be comfortable working with team members at all levels and departments within the organization. You will be willing to share your opinions and insights with business leaders in order to affect rapid decision cycles and effective technical solutions to business requirements.
- To maintain the organizations corporate website ensuring strong functionality and optimization
- Develop new Web applications as identified by supervisor and management through packaged and customized applications.
- Maintain and enhance existing Web applications and all internal systems are integrated.
- Perform complete testing of Web applications unit and system, engaging users as necessary.
- Conduct all user acceptances testing, and report results.
- Design and implement user-driven templates, databases and interfaces for ease of use.
- Develop database-driven Web interfaces for rapid, real-time information sharing.
- Develop external Web portals allowing users to input and retrieve accurate information.
- Candidate must be a team player and willing to teach and to learn.
- Candidate should possess a BA/B.Sc in a related discipline
- minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar field.
- Professional certification will be an added advantage.
- Proven Web and Database Development experience.
- Strong database knowledge specifically SQL Server and MySQL
- Web / Graphical Design skills would be desirable.
- excellent communication skills and attention to detail
- Knowledge of graphic design packages such as Fireworks or Photoshop in order to produce basic layout and manipulate images.
- Skills in e-commerce and server side technologies, such as PHP, and internet security are also important.
Method of Application
To apply for this position, visit Mactay's Job Post on Workable